Leaking gas from box on left side of the rear tire

My moped leaks all the gas out on the left rear side at the bottom of the black box there... why? Sup

2BECBAF4-B8B9-4A35-ADFA-BBF4021A53AF.jpeg

Re: Leaking gas from box on left side of the rear tire

That's not a moped, it's a scooter. While this is a very simple question, you'll have more luck on a forum or group that focuses on scooters rather than here.

Take the plastics off and look for leaks; it has to be coming from somewhere. Could be the float is sticking or the needle won't seat in the carb (assuming this monstrosity has a carburetor), could be a busted fuel line, could be a leaky tank.

Unhook battery wires before using metallic tools near any voltage. Don't want a fire.

Fuel line may have come off, vacuum petcock may have given up the ghost, you will have to take all the plastics off to trace it. That is not a moped, you will have better luck on a scooter forum.

Use a lighter to check if its actually gas.

Are you sure a dog isn't pissing on it?

Probably Fred /

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Use a lighter to check if its actually gas.

That’s one of the few things I agree on With you

Last week it was very hot but I didn’t care I was going to a pool that afternoon

A local guy messaged me wanting to ride, when I met him he lied he didn’t have a moped, It was a China scooter that he lied on the dmv form and said it was a Moped to get a plate.

No matter about 2 miles into the ride I noticed his back wheel was crooked, I stopped him and he said yeah it’s been like that since I got it a few weeks ago and it’s hard to steer, I think it’s loose !

I said I had a crescent wrench in my tool kit that could probably tighten it, One crank on it the whole axle/swing arm part broke,

$1500 and only 800 miles and the bike was junk! he asked me if I could ride him double back to his sisters house 4 mi away and I said no because I had a maxi and even though I had upgraded shocks I was pretty much overloaded with my 200+lb on it.

I haven’t heard nothing from him but my wife said yesterday the bike is still on the side of the road next to a bush ha ha,

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The wax doughnut on the bottom of bowl? Did you try jiggling the handle?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Use a lighter to check if its actually gas.

Idiot!

You probably have trash in the needle...the china scooters have a problem with the fuel lines coming apart inside...you will probably need to clean the carb and replace the fuel lines...it is a common problem with them

I failed to mention it has a vaccuum operated petcock...if it is leaking gas constantly even when not running your petcock is probably bad also.. it has to have vaccuum to it to open to be working as it should

They had a massive recall on those things. The fuel leak often causes spontaneous combustion. Return it to the dealer and they will do the required updates for free...

mopedonfire.jpg

(edited)

daan SJAARLOOS /

^^^^^this is how scooters should look

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

cleanse it with fire

punkrock randy /

I love the little mirror fires

Dirty30 Dillon /

Sounds like you're describing a stuck float that is leaking out the airbox.

Clean the needle seat and check your vacuum petcock.

Pushrod Fifty /

The long nose igniters are great for ironing out gas leaks on plastic scooters. One click and a quick leap and it's all good.

Some of you people are need to grow up...the guy asked for help,not silly shot.like.you're posting...some people.not knowing any better might actually do some of the stupid things you're saying do..i suppose you all will laugh if they do and get burned really bad or killed..would really be funny wouldn't it...if you can't grow up to give somebody help.just stay out of the conversation

daan SJAARLOOS /

Sorry but scooterz are the enemy

(edited)

It doesn't matter if they need help on a tricycle . The thing to do is give help if you're capable. Certainly makes no sense to post stupid shit like some have posted here..most people know better than to check a gas leak with fire but there are some grown people and kids also that might read that and not actually know any better....sad to see there are people in this world that think posting information like that is funny.....to those that reads this thread and takes it as some of these people have any knowledge please do not attempt to check a gas leak with fire in any way..

Keep it real and please do not help the scooter people here. They are afforded off topic space.

Last thing anyone wants is a bunch of shitter toilets taking over ma, disgusting thought.

No matter what ..you should never give advice like that.. scooter or no scooter. (edited)

If you don't know gas is flamable, you should not be allowed to own or operate motor vehicles.

Bas go eat more goat pills.some people have no clue and might try using fire...not funny in any way to post something that might get somebody hurt..it's amazing to me.that you have the knowledge to know better...you must be out of work again..still can't pass the fry test at micky d's i guess..hang in there Bas ,maybe one day you'll make it

I don't care if people get hurt when they should know better, if you jump out of an airplane without a parachute it's your own fault if you die.

For a pensioner you really should be capable of coming up with better insults slopslops. Has your mind rotted away so much already that you can only function on the level of an 8 year old? In that case, go look in a gastank with a lighter.

SHERPA!

i love those.

the scooter, meh. I def had plenty of miles on some shitty scooters. they are trash, but everything's trash.

you've got good answers, so not gonna wastetime with that. you've been corrected on the "moped v scooter" so i dont need to go there

but honestly, it looks like you've got several bikes in several states of repair, i'm surprised something as simple as finding a gas leak isn't more obvious to ya.

^His "sentence structure" if it can be called that should give you some clue. "sup"? god, really?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> ^His "sentence structure" if it can be called that should give you some

> clue. "sup"? god, really?

Sup bro.

Bas people should know better but it is surprising how many don't have common knowledge of things...they rely on information from those they think knows the answers.....you might be aware it would be dangerous but others might not....your i don't care if they get hurt attitude is really pitiful.... (edited)

daan SJAARLOOS /

I love how this thread keeps going while the op never even responded after the initial first post. We seem to care more than he does..

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account