Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Moped Beach Club is opening up our shop in the Short North every other week for Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays from 6ish-9:30ish.

Bring a bike to work on some beer or whatever you drink, we're getting a big ass Portofino's Pizza for everyone tonight. We've got the tools and the knowledge to help you do whatever you need to do to your bike.

Please wear a mask!

Any bikes you bring must leave our shop by the end of the night

PM me for shop location if you don't know it. Hope to see you there!

(this picture isn't a Vespa crankshaft)

IMG_20161228_231953.jpg

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Very cool!!!

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Good call on get your shit out of here, haha, that's my biggest problem with having ppl come over and wrench. Bring a truck and drag your junk home if you can't get it fixed or get drink and faded halfway through the night and just blab instead of wrenching

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Sounds fun! Too bad Ill never have enough free time to drive up. I got a couple bikes it would be nice to get a second opinion on.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

I need to get a trailer for my bike!!

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

nick, that is a very nice thing to do! i have a few things to address. however my bikes are nicely stored away, out of sight out of mind. borrowing tools, and equipment on site for a one time job. pretty sweet thing to offer up.

Chad, Chrysler mini van. it holds 4 puch magnums perfectly. ive had 5 smaller bikes in it....2 bike, and a mattress to sleep on.

is unofficials still a thing?

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> nick, that is a very nice thing to do! i have a few things to address.

> however my bikes are nicely stored away, out of sight out of mind.

> borrowing tools, and equipment on site for a one time job. pretty sweet

> thing to offer up.

>

> Chad, Chrysler mini van. it holds 4 puch magnums perfectly. ive had 5

> smaller bikes in it....2 bike, and a mattress to sleep on.

>

> is unofficials still a thing?

I ignored all the single moms with mini vans i had dated all summer long for these mopeds lol. I don't even know anyone with a mini van any more.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Well if any of you guys find yourself with a free evening on an alternating Wednesday, you're more than welcome to bring a bike by!

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> is unofficials still a thing?

Not really? The Facebook page is still active as the main Columbus moped Facebook group. But in terms of the core people of that group, a lot don't ride mopeds that often anymore (if at all). A few do, but those people I rarely see these days. I think most of them just got busy with life; every now and then one of them will show up to a ride or something and it's always a welcome surprise.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Good call on get your shit out of here, haha, that's my biggest problem

> with having ppl come over and wrench. Bring a truck and drag your junk

> home if you can't get it fixed or get drink and faded halfway through

> the night and just blab instead of wrenching

Yeah I felt kinda bad cause a local dude brought his grande that lost spark down last night and we had to drop the motor to take a look at the points where we discovered the return spring had broken (never seen that before) and we didn't have any points that would fit.

So I just kinda put all his hardware in a solo cup and helped him load the bike back into his van at the end of the night. But we just don't have room to keep other people's bikes indefinitely; "oh I'll come get it tomorrow" can turn into like 3 weeks of this bike that isn't ours being in the way

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Super cool to offer this to others!

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> Nick MBC Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Well if any of you guys find yourself with a free evening on an

> alternating Wednesday, you're more than welcome to bring a bike by!

>

> > ID OD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > is unofficials still a thing?

>

> Not really? The Facebook page is still active as the main Columbus moped

> Facebook group. But in terms of the core people of that group, a lot

> don't ride mopeds that often anymore (if at all). A few do, but those

> people I rarely see these days. I think most of them just got busy with

> life; every now and then one of them will show up to a ride or something

> and it's always a welcome surprise.

thanks for the info. im not on face place anymore (7yrs :) ). everyone around here are into moto's, atv's, and life now. wrench spots with gurus for mopeds have all but dried up. im with jimmie, second, third opinions to avoid potential screw ups are priceless. there is not a tuesday that goes by that i dont think to myself "i could be riding with moped folks right now". adding an alternating wednesday wrench, is some serious motivation however.

i got a v1 once with a broken points spring (how does that happen!?). that was an easy find, and fix. as much as the family loved my grande, the thought of working on it was why i got rid of it.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

punkrock randy /

If my lady and I ever fall apart, I’m moving to Columbus😂👍🏼

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

ya gotta leave stuff at my place, then i just fix it. I also do better work on things that arent mine. for whatever reason.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I also do better

> work on things that arent mine. for whatever reason.

Oh I'm the exact same way. When it's my bike, it's my bike and anything I fuck up I'll deal with later. If it's someone else's bike I really don't want to fuck anything up and wind up having to pay for it or redo stuff I've already done, so I really take my time and don't cut any corners

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> ya gotta leave stuff at my place, then i just fix it. I also do better

> work on things that arent mine. for whatever reason.

This is the real reason you can't leave shit at my place, other people problems are way more fun than my problems and I don't get my own shit done.

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If my lady and I ever fall apart, I’m moving to Columbus😂👍🏼

You shouldn’t, it’s really going downhill here and fast

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

yay! afghan!! "i dont know why you say goodbye , i say hello....hello hello..."

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

I just got the hitch for my car, gotta get the harbor freight bike hauler and I'm there!! Although my 2 bikes are tuned I can help work on others bikes!!! And could use some socializing!! (edited)

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Bump, this is happening again today!

6:30ish-10ish

Come by with a broken bike and leave with a slightly less broken bike

Please wear a mask (edited)

Tomos clutch.jpg

Re: Columbus OH: Wrench-n-Chill Wednesdays

Bump, come fix your broken shit, drink beer and eat free pizza (byob)

PXL_20210906_151749402.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account