best expansion chamber for Puch za 50

what is the best expasion chamber to run with a 70cc athena small reed kit.

Re: best expansion chamber for Puch za 50

The good thing about the ZA is you get low end torque and the 2 gears can give you a pretty great power band from off the line to the high mid range. The bad thing is that it is not designed for the high RPMs that typically accompany higher top speeds on moped engines.

IMO, to get the most out of a ZA you need a strong midrange pipe like the Estoril. You won't have the fastest top speed moped on the ride (probably) but you'll jump off the line and get up to your top speed pretty quickly. This also means you don't need a big fuel-sucking carb on there, 21mm is about as high as I go on the ZA.

Just my $0.02

what speed have you had out of it on a za, and wich estoril pipe was it many thanks

Probably Fred /

Circuit or estoril pipe kinda what Mike Boyd said but a big carb will get ok mpg if you don’t hold it wide open all the time .

I don’t know fast is being fast on rides nowadays with super tricked out builds but My za50 74ccgilas with 24mm Tm’s and 64cc polini kits with 19-21mm phbg’s and estoril pipes go hi 50s-60mph with 21-22x35-36 gears

And on mild build 70cc dmp pp kit,15 bing 19x36 gears, circuit pipe builds gets 47-48mph and with tuned clutches and flipped second gear clutch they all have very good take off so cagers keep off my ass.

I have a treats 70cc kit, case matched, 15 bing, circuit pipe, and 20x37 gearing. It goes low 40's thrown together. I could grease the wheel bearings and replace the chain to squeak out a little more but im happy with it.

I might swap an estoril on it someday and try to get some more peak RPM.

To get anything close to full potential from a za, you need to replace the pucks and flip the 2nd gear clutch.

ᴛᴇʀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ /

my za has a gila, 21 phbg, and a proma circuit and it was doing a super reliable mid 50s at sea level with whatever gearing i have. it's slower here at 7k feet above sea level, but they all are

Circuit (either proma or tecno) or the estoril pipe for the win. This goes for both the ZA-50 and the E50 Puchs

My polini za with a p6 19mm 20x36 was a lot of fun. Flipped clutch needle bearing CDI etc

have you used an estoril pipe on a za

Estorils are amazing on za50's. Ran one on my magnum for years. Great low end and hit lower in the rev range. Never messed with Reed kits but my 70cc airsal with an estoril n 15bing and 20tooth front sprocket ran mid Forty's all day long and climbed hills great.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account