Re: Community Build and Moped Giveaway

Too pretty . ;)

Giuseppe Zappa /

😎👍

Awesome work man.

Thanks for getting into the spirit of this and really delivering something amazing.

Giuseppe Zappa /

Here is the carb for the build..... a “ Bling “ 14mm.....

Just waiting on some new gaskets, etc.

-G

92D79FF1-63AA-4D0E-8117-0E3B43ED6808.jpeg

Giuseppe Zappa /

Different angle for ya....

601041C4-D2DE-4C98-B078-7E39C3AF407C.jpeg

Cool. Once I get that, I'll have everything I need to build a complete motor, with carb and pipe.

Maybe someday I'll get the wheels, frame, forks, etc so it'll be more than just a big shiny doorstop.

Hint hint, mf'ers. Send me your shit!

I want to help, ready to go on a parts bin rampage,...but it's not easy to see that spreadsheet or needs lists. Any way this could be put in the wiki to make it easy to see the latest updates on parts received? If not the wiki, something that takes out the guessing game of "where's the list?" If there's a way I am ignorant about to get the info, go ahead and dish out the butt hurt. Whatever it takes so relative noobs like me can get with the program

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1il5IPOpOfAlqoHkgKicE8_ZuCPeoTbNJcuEABfEwL3U/edit

This spreadsheet should be clear enough, but feel free to ask questions.

I have google docs app on my phone. If I can figure this out, anyone can.

pics for visual learners:

43751238-A37D-434B-95BC-427A70C41461.jpeg
7EB74D67-7049-44A7-BC7A-6F448795F0E2.jpeg
CA8F0EE0-BB57-4C43-ACC3-832828CEBF14.jpeg

App is easy and works like a champ! Awesome!

Giuseppe Zappa /

Ok...I just found Forks, with key, a headlight, a speedo (might have to check it for function) and coil / mounts..... I put it on the spreadsheet.

I will have them next week, give them a look over and then send them to Baird.

- G

Giuseppe Zappa /

I am really hoping that we can get this build done in a timely manner.... this is a pretty tall order, and I hope everyone understands just what a commitment that Baird is making to this project as the Builder ! Also, realize that all this stuff is taking up space in his shop and let’s not abuse this ...

Please take a look at the spreadsheet and try to chip in the missing items if you possibly can. Don’t forget the commitment that Treats has made to this project as well as everyone that has already stepped up with input, time, postage costs, and donations !

Getting this sort of thing accomplished without major corporate sponsors is a huge task, and almost unheard of at the grassroots level, but seeing the kind of folks that participate in this forum, I know it can be done.

I’m proud to be able to participate as a donor for this project and am really looking forward to seeing the completed bike !

Cheers,

-G

Emil Kniemel /

Is the frame for sure? Honestly I am sitting on this sachs g-3 frame and feeling generous lol.

> Emil Kniemel Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Is the frame for sure? Honestly I am sitting on this sachs g-3 frame

> and feeling generous lol.

I have been messaging Taylor for a while about the pinto frame.

He said he wanted to send it still on June 8th. Said he would be home that weekend and try to get it out.

I followed up the next week and never got a response.

He is working out of state and I get that it may be a low priority.

Personally, I’d like to see this project start moving again and feel like a lot of people are holding back because parts aren’t showing up. Important parts like (cough frame cough).

As the organizer of a thing like this, I don’t want to come across as pushy. I am just a facilitator. If the majority of you want to press forward, and that means sourcing a different frame, go ahead.

Putting an E50 on a Sachs makes it more intriguing.

i still havent sent the wheels... my B

well I just mailed off the tank for the pinto.....

I'm just sitting here waiting on parts. Well, not really. Rebuilding two engines on my Hercules and two more on my Italjet Conquistador, changed the oil in my Cimatti Gran Prix...

I'll start working on it as soon as I have enough parts to start working on it.

I say if I don't have a frame, or at least confirmation that it's on the way for sure by July First, I'll take the Sachs...

Giuseppe Zappa /

The rebuild bits for the Bling 14 came in…and I should have my hands on the Pinto forks, and other odds n ends this week, so they will all be on their way to you by next week sometime.

👍

Got the tank yesterday. Still in the box, added to the pile...

what was the address? where am i missing this

Pm'd you back with my address.

Anyone else need it, PM me. You can also message me with questions on parts and stuff.

didn't read the whole thread but i've got a fuck ton of big round fenders if ya'll still need 'em. chrome ones and a couple dented ones that could probably be saved for some badass rat bike but probably too big for a pinto if that's what you're going with.

i've got a ton of bars too. and a couple of stock tomos pipes i could absolutely part with. i'll check out the sign up thing later but hit me up if any of that sounds like it could be of use.

I could really use the big fenders. If you have four that are the same width, that'd be awesome.

I've got a pipe, not sure if anyone committed to bars yet.

Thanks. Still slowly getting parts, but they're finally coming in.

i just sent the wheels, just some puch snowflakes, they're not even pretty but they're wheels!

Holy hell that was 75 bucks to ship some trash, I would be interested curious to put a price of ships in the build, like I fully expect the biggest expense will be shipping. How much does it cost to compile a community supported build?

Emil Kniemel /

> baird co Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I could really use the big fenders. If you have four that are the same

> width, that'd be awesome.

>

> I've got a pipe, not sure if anyone committed to bars yet.

>

> Thanks. Still slowly getting parts, but they're finally coming in.

I have those MX style bars for ya. Sorry I haven't dropped them off yet but I'm good for it ;)

Thanks for the wheels WillD!

both Emil and WillD, post up some pics of your stuff if you have em. People like pics and I’m betting that Baird can start visualizing his stuff off of that too.

There will most certainly be a debrief and cost analysis after this first project.

I want to do this every year with a different builder. My vision is to have everyone aware that the build is coming and parts could be allocated and consolidated in groups, gangs, rally points, etc. So, when the time comes and the people select the builder for the year, all the parts will basically be in a few piles and quickly get sent out.

There are baby steps and growing pains with this first build. Some to be expected. Some a bit of a surprise. No reason to think it won’t improve every time.

Emil Kniemel /

Oops. Dropped off everything to baird on friday so maybe he can post a pic.

We are working out some backend stuff on the frame so there is one no doubt.

Hopefully a mockup once the wheels arrive.

Giuseppe Zappa /

Forks, “Bling” carb, headlight, speedo…. Being shipped to Baird on Monday.

-G

Emil kniemil donated a Sachs G3 frame in place of the non-existent Pinto frame that I never received (no judgment from me on that. Shipping's expensive, life gets in the way, whatever, no worries.)

Anyway, the Sachs frame won't really work for what I want to build, and it'd be a shame to chop up something kinda rare to make it work, and to be honest, I want the frame for myself. :)

So I'm going to keep that and donate my Pacer frame, which has already been modified and will work better for my build ideas. And everyone is cool with that, so no worries...

I also have some new tires that were donated by the girl I built the Fiorelli for, so I'll add those to the list...

Once I get the fork and wheels, I can finally start making something ...

+1 on the pacer frame. Go for it Baird!

Emil Kniemel /

woo hoo excited to see the build starting! the pacer frame will be bad ass and give a good head start.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account