Re: Community Build and Moped Giveaway

Jay,

I am not the best spreadsheet builder perhaps? Tyler’s name is in the “contributor” column. As a running list of names.

Treats is offering a one time discount through a group purchase. So, if you want to send something to Baird from Treats, just sign up for it. Once we have all the parts spoken for, everyone that offered a Treats item will have to send money to a gofundme or something and I will pay for the order from that.

Treats is awesome to offer all they have. But, running a coupon for just this, keeping all the parts seperate, making sure nobody tries to cheat it... it was going to be way too hard. So, what I said before is the “best” solution to get everyone a discount and keep it simple/one shipment.

I did fill in the pipe, but forgot the grips and stuff. It was a surprise in the box. 😁

I'm probably not (as in "definitely not") going to be the using the purple and chrome "live to ride" grips DOS sent.

they'd make a good booby prize, though.

Improved Ad based on WillD’s instructional post:

885C4383-6B13-4C57-BB61-75FD1E092398.png

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You need a Photoshop with the Batvian pointing the club mimicking the uncle Sam wants you poster my 2¥

Seems like nobody cares, but...

The coins came in. So, you can donate and get a flying fuck.

The build is still on even though we are behind schedule. Might have to wait until I get moved in to my new place in NM before I can contribute more than words.

That is gonna be somewhere around mid-August.

Really REALLY hoping some more people want to get involved before then.

Baird wants to build something. Don’t leave him hangin.

7C4D10F5-F294-420E-BA0B-C09158333F19.jpeg

Papa i'm not sure and don't knowthe answer about this but to be honest i don't think you have it organised enough so people know whats going on..i see it as being a nightmare to know who is eligable to be voted on,also how you will vote and see who how your vote is counted....not trying to discourage but just my view from the sideline.. i could be right or very wrong..

I appreciate that. Any feedback helps.

Okay, let’s try this:

Pretend nothing I ever posted existed. Baird is building a moped out of parts that people on Moped Army donate to him.

Let’s just focus on that.

He has most of an engine.

We can all figure the rest out later. I can work the details with Treats and Simon out behind the scenes.

If you send a part, we will know you did and you will be invited to vote on who wins it.

There’s more options, people can ask questions and I’d be happy to clarify.

Where do we do the money towards treats stuff donations? Is there some kind of go fund me?

I dont have the right things to be able to donate towards this build other than money.

Maybe I missed where those donations go.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Where do we do the money towards treats stuff donations? Is there some

> kind of go fund me?

>

> I dont have the right things to be able to donate towards this build

> other than money.

>

> Maybe I missed where those donations go.

Jay,

I would say, if you want to donate a part from Treats, just sign up on the spreadsheet. Or PM me and I can do it. No money needed right now. I did mention making a gofundme for paying the tab eventually, but it may not be needed if only a couple people go that route.

At this point, it is just really important to fill the list. If nobody signs up for anything, then it looks like there isn't a build happening and less people want to try. All the actual ordering and money stuff will be worked out. I am cool with advancing cash to get things going faster and waiting for people to reimburse me (which could get me burned - I know and don't care).

Please, if you want to do a part, just pull the trigger and we can get the rest sorted out as we go.

Gotcha. I'll fill something in today for sure.

> Chris Squid Wrote:

> Hey Trent, why don’t you fuck right off and update your profile to add

> another shitty comment about how you don’t find your wife attractive

> anymore, you fucking idiot.

>

> Cant wait to see what Baird comes up with. This is a fun idea and I hope

> it all comes together and someone ends up with a neat bike!

hahah I LOL'd at this. Trent's a nice enough dude, I've seen him take care of folks when they needed help and that's cool. Clearly doesnt get the same set of interests as a lot of us, but I'm still glad to have him around, even if sometimes (like above) it's maybe better to just tune him out haha

I do quite wanna chip in, but I'm not sure - like i feel very quickly we've got too many cooks in the kitchen.

But Will, there is only one cook. Just think of each one of us as a supplier that chef baird is sourcing his ingredients from.

WillD,

I hope I am the only “cook”.

This whole thing just needs a little momentum.

People that think this sounds like a fun idea, sign up, post a pic, mail your parts to Baird.

When he actually has enough stuff to start working his magic, he will post pics.

I think there will be a tipping point where he posts something that starts to look amazing and then, realizing that this is actually happening, more folks will feel confident about sending something that he needs to finish.

And, maybe more people will get excited that they can win it just by posting something in the other thread. I’d like to see some creative posts competing in there.

I am truly sorry that this came out confusing and stuff. I wanted to make the best possible event. Thought that having Treats, and Simon involved would smooth over any worries about this being legit.

Maybe all the different facets made it too hard to see?

I’m in it for the long haul. Best practices will be found and improvements made before the next go around.

Thanks for the help.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> But Will, there is only one cook. Just think of each one of us as a

> supplier that chef baird is sourcing his ingredients from.

I see what ya did there.

Yes Baird is the only cook. I am like, a produce manager ??

I guess my qualm, and maybe the remedy is better details on the list. Like I could send an intake, but I dont want to send a piston port 19 PHBG intake if somebody sent a reed kit with a TM24. Or I've got some cool fork but they're 10mm axle and drum brake.

and to the cooks point, i just meant with everyone in here chiming in on the "what should do's"

Anyway, next tuesday I'm prinitng this out and making a box and trying to compile anything that goes together

Also, I can host a zoom call or something to talk about this more. Maybe it would clear things up.

Moped Monday Podcast invited me to talk about the whole thing on there. But, I told them my location (timezone) and work schedule might be in conflict and I haven’t heard any more about a do-over.

Let me know if anyone is interested in the Zoom thing. That would be easy.

Sorry WillD,

I’m posting in between you.

So, the list was my attempt at keeping those things clear.

I know I put somewhere that, if we fill it out from the top down, the order should de-conflict any compatability issues.

Eric offered a ported stock Puch top end. So that should be considered for intake, carb, etc.

If people are dreaming of what they want to send, but don’t put it on the spreadsheet, then this will be chaos.

And the list is fully editable to anyone. So, if something doesn’t make sense, go ahead and change it. If we get the Pinto frame and someone says they want to send forks that clearly won’t fit... well hopefully someone calls that out before it gets in the mail. (edited)

I got my cousin Austen into mopeds about a year ago. He bought a tomos and fixed the issues it had and got it running good and then somebody cut the lock and it got stolen maybe 2 weeks later. 4 months after it was stolen we found it under a bridge in pieces and recovered it. It had been wrecked and "modded" by the thieves (coat hanger for a front brake cable LOL) . it took a few months of tinkering and buying parts to get it back to the condition it was in before. So we get it back to ridable and a week later someone cut the railing at his apts and stole it again after a week. mind you he had moved across town the other side of Austin after the first theft so it was not the same people. Anyway I want to throw his name in the raffle because he's a good dude who works hard, gets paid little, takes care of his family and got screwed not once but twice by thieves.

oops wrong thread i guess. sorry having 2 threads with basically the same name is confusing :)

confusion aside. I have a stock pinto chrome/black/red tank that's very usable but may have a ding or 2 I'd part with for this, if that's the direction that baird chooses. I can snap some pics later when I get to the shop.

Any gas tank is better than no gas tank 😉

Here it is. Inside could use some cleaning cause its been on a shelf who knows how long without a cap, also there's no cap. I can clean it and seal it before sending it though. IF that's what build-a-baird wants lol

received_2848082021930508.jpeg

Yeah, I can use that tank. I'd you could seal it, that'd be awesome, saves me the trouble. Thanks....

Sent you a pm (edited)

Giuseppe Zappa /

So where does this project stand regarding “needs”...... ?

-G

> Giuseppe Zappa Wrote:

> So where does this project stand regarding “needs”...... ?

>

> -G

G,

I got your PM. Thanks for offering and asking.

You can track the progress on the build spreadsheet. Anyone can add or edit.

We need clutch and ignition to have a complete engine.

Frame is coming soon. So, forks that will fit a Pinto frame would be cool to get sorted out.

Baird said before that he’s looking for fat 16” wheels/tires.

That and pretty much all the little bits and pieces that make an engine, frame, wheels work together and do moped.

My life is getting swept away in a tide of cardboard right now. So, I am sorry in advance if I get distracted.

Feeling good vibes on the project again, keep it rolling.

Giuseppe Zappa /

Ok...Baird...what carb you looking for...I can prob send you a polished one.

-G

Here is an example of some polished bike parts....

8E80C7E8-3416-4A90-A759-806345F3C66F.jpeg

Not sure what carb goes well with an e50. Never built one. Hopefully it's not a Dellorto SHA piece of crap. Not a fan of those lawnmower carbs.

Anyone got any ideas? It's gonna have a circuit pipe and a slightly modded head, so it'll need a little more than stock, but nothing too crazy

Polished would be cool, but it might be hidden.

Giuseppe Zappa /

.....might be hidden... but I will know it is there ...Hahahaha !

Bing 14 ? Bing 15 ?

I never built anything e50, so I am guessing based on what others have done.

Just let me know, and I will come up with something.

- G

Puch come with bing carbs. Do something fun like a 15 bing. I'm sure someone can offer one up all ready to go. ::COUGH:: Roffman? ::COUGH::

Giuseppe Zappa /

Would be great to see a photo of the parts as they arrive so we can all see what this creation is starting with, bit by bit, and updates as the parts get cleaned, painted and slowly assembled...a build vlog of sorts.... I think if people see the project coming together it will help gain some interest too...

-G

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account