Normally when I pick up a bike I take apart and inspect the top topend and ignition. do some cylinder clean up, intake matching, shave head down a little bit etc. to unleash some free power
But this time because it was a running, one owner lo mi bike before I got it and I was lazy I didn’t.
Bike was really out of tune because previous owner installed a biturbo with jet kit from 77 that had the goofy huge double foam unifilter with it.
Put new gaskets, float, correct parts, needles and jets in the carb, new metal mesh filter and Installed a 22 tooth Rear sprocket and rode it for quite awhile.
It went around 40mph but It didn’t have quite the performance, so I knew I’d have to open up/bevel the stepped 15mm intake hole to match the larger carb outlet
and then Open the 14mm cylinder intake hole to match the 15mm intake tube and take the head down a few millimeters bla, bla, bla
so after I put around 500 miles on it and the odometer read exactly 1300 miles I decided it was time to tear down the top end inspect and make improvements.
I had most of the work done with the exception of seeing if the piston skirt was in the intake window, check ring gap, removing and cleaning piston and checking/replacing need bearing so when I did I found this:
Ready to throw broken parts in my engine at any second so I lucked out this time!
I hate needle bearing damaged engines so a new top racing bearing is going in, I got good luck with those