italjet Kit Kat

Has anybody successfully installed an electronic ignition on an old Italjet Kit Kat?

Re: italjet Kit Kat

No, but it looks cool

It's just an M01 with a different head, so any HPI or other CDI that fits an M01 will fit just fine

Terbo Speghetti /

Yeah, I've done it. You can use a pirtcard conversion coil or any morini m1/m01 hpi.

Worst that could happen is you got some weird taper for your flywheel so you might have to switch to a more modern crank. Very simple to do, and prob not more than $100. But that's an IF

A beautiful little bike. Stock points and stator are robust. Why would it need a CDI?

Steven Bolduc /

Leave it alone

I did a little research and found a company called pietcard. No luck on wiring diagrams tho -_-

i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points settings

> Ryan Nuzzi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points

> settings

For small Italjets , it seems the point setting is .012" - .015" , with the piston a TDC .

Might be worth a try . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ryan Nuzzi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points

> settings

It's the same settings as any Morini M01 motor, which have manuals available free online.

Pietcard is a popular brand, but if you're just looking to get the bike running and enjoy it, I would say just get the pionts functioning, as there is really few things that can fail on them once they are taken care of.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account