italjet Kit Kat

Has anybody successfully installed an electronic ignition on an old Italjet Kit Kat?

Re: italjet Kit Kat

No, but it looks cool

Beach Club Nick /

It's just an M01 with a different head, so any HPI or other CDI that fits an M01 will fit just fine

Terbo Speghetti /

Yeah, I've done it. You can use a pirtcard conversion coil or any morini m1/m01 hpi.

Worst that could happen is you got some weird taper for your flywheel so you might have to switch to a more modern crank. Very simple to do, and prob not more than $100. But that's an IF

A beautiful little bike. Stock points and stator are robust. Why would it need a CDI?

Steven Bolduc /

Leave it alone

I did a little research and found a company called pietcard. No luck on wiring diagrams tho -_-

i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points settings

> Ryan Nuzzi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points

> settings

For small Italjets , it seems the point setting is .012" - .015" , with the piston a TDC .

Might be worth a try . ;)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ryan Nuzzi Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i cant get it to start, and can not find any info on the stock points

> settings

It's the same settings as any Morini M01 motor, which have manuals available free online.

Pietcard is a popular brand, but if you're just looking to get the bike running and enjoy it, I would say just get the pionts functioning, as there is really few things that can fail on them once they are taken care of.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account