Best tires for a Tomos Targa Lx

I'm seeing a lot of different options out there and I just want to pick something reliable and safe.

Re: Best tires for a Tomos Targa Lx

roy jongejan /

depends on how good your roads are, where i live the roads are pretty nice, and i have some Mitas semi slicks under my Tomos that work like a charm, can also get them without the white wall

20210303_204158.jpg

> Matt A Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm seeing a lot of different options out there and I just want to pick

> something reliable and safe.

My Go-To used to be Michelin Gazelles, basically run flats the things are so tough. But they don't make those anymore so I typically go with the Michelin City Pros and haven't been disappointed

Mitas b8's are pretty great. you can squeeze a 2.5" in the front and rear if you want, but the 2.25" ones are also pretty good. very easy to put on by hand.

Hutchinson GP1s are also pretty sick. they are also easy to put on by hand but cost a little bit more. Again, 2.5" can usually fit, but 2.25" will fit for sure.

Michelin Gazelle's and Michelin City Pro's only come in 17", and Tomos Targa's all came with 16" wheels.

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> Mitas b8's are pretty great. you can squeeze a 2.5" in the front and

> rear if you want, but the 2.25" ones are also pretty good. very easy to

> put on by hand.

>

> Hutchinson GP1s are also pretty sick. they are also easy to put on by

> hand but cost a little bit more. Again, 2.5" can usually fit, but 2.25"

> will fit for sure.

>

> Michelin Gazelle's and Michelin City Pro's only come in 17", and Tomos

> Targa's all came with 16" wheels.

I'm a dumbass, you're right. GP1s are dope and that's what I have on my Tomos's. I feel like they wear way faster than the city pro's, hence my recommendation. But you can't go wrong with the GP1s

GP1s are great tires for good asphalt roads. Any gravel or sand and you will wish you had a bit more traction. That said I ran them for a long time on my pinto even after I moved to Tucson which is sand city. Just be mindful.

The Hutchinson spherus are nice tires I have a set on my garelli right now. Sturdy and nice tread pattern.

I have to replace my targa tires soon too and will be trying to get a set of either hutchinson vroom or maybe the sava b8.

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

What kind of speeds are you running? If 40mph or less, save some $$ and run Shinko Golden Boys. More than adequate for those speeds. If faster, then think about the more expensive ones.

PXL_20210304_013843533.jpg
PXL_20210304_013833643.jpg

If looking for a good deal, I got 2 Kenda K260's with 2 Kenda tubes shipped for $80.00 from the Biggest Auction site. They look kinda funny and plain and black (black is beautiful) and they smell real good, I mean reallllll Gooood. Not so sure if they have your size or not these were 17" 2.25's.

Regards,

Rob

> Robert Bentzel Wrote:

> If looking for a good deal, I got 2 Kenda K260's with 2 Kenda tubes

> shipped for $80.00 from the Biggest Auction site. They look kinda funny

> and plain and black (black is beautiful) and they smell real good, I

> mean reallllll Gooood. Not so sure if they have your size or not these

> were 17" 2.25's.

>

> Regards,

>

> Rob

Fuck that, buy from treats and save money and get better tires

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-OEM-TIRE-PARTY-pack-in-16-x-2-25-p/mc2-tire-party-16-2.25.htm

Those are pretty sweet. A bit more expensive with shipping and not in the 17" size I needed. However for Tomos that looks like a great price from treats and a great set of tires. I have had great luck with Kendas over the years. Treats actually would be a better price if you qualify for free ship. Those slicks do look good and I'll bet they are great on a icy road as well, wink. As a matter of fact bectha they are great on a frozen lake or ice skating pond. The real question is do they smell reaaaallll Goooodddd?

Regards,

Rob

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account