Accepting sujestions

Hi, i'm new here, here's my newest aquisition:

57ee12e2-e0c2-475a-8184-8bfa719c61be.jpg

It's a chinese 50cc 4t moped "Shineray xy50q" i bought it like this, it has a lot of honda titan parts, and it's not in the best condition. Any thoughts? also, any sujestion on modifications that would make it look a little meaner? i can cut, weld, paint, etc.

Re: Accepting sujestions

Do whatever you want to it. It is your bike. Just keep structural items intact so they dont break while riding.

Honestly you wont get any warm receptions with that type of moped. We usually deal with vintage bikes on this site. I'm sure there is a site that is more for the newer chinese bikes like yours.

Have fun tinkering we will try to answer questions as best we can.

Terbo Speghetti /

New bars and fender chops would go a long way. But you should also chop that shitty 4t engine off and buy a real 2T moped engine to weld on mounts for.

João Ferreira /

Edit: probably not a moped by every rule. sorry.

Probably Fred /

Pour lighter fluid on it, set it on fire, ghost ride it off a cliff, phone video it and post video on some stupid social media platform and get a bunch of hits.

> João Ferreira Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Edit: probably not a moped by every rule. sorry.

You're fine. Chop the fenders, get lower handlebars, and maybe a smaller headlight. Cosmetically that will help a lot.

It's a 49cc bike . It will never be mean .

Just make it ride-able and use it for the for if it .

Change the oil religiously and watch the fuel lines and it’ll actually be pretty decent. You could check out “planetminis” as they are a forum for the old Honda horizontals, which that bike/engine is a clone of. You do you boss.

João Ferreira /

thank you, i'll be checking it out

Change the fuel lines first thing..if no filter put one on it

I agree with the low rise bars and chopped fenders. Also, if something can be done with the engine covers....minimized or maybe removed completely. If you don’t have a real need for it, lose the rear seat. A rack/platform at most back there.

And to look really really tough/mean....scorch marks, blood stains, bullet holes. I don’t suggest doing any of those though.

João Ferreira /

done that, i also fully disassembled and cleaned the carburator, fitted it with a good air filter (there's some sand on my street that would probably scratch the cilinder), tomorrow i'll be flushing the oil with some oil flushing product

93ad8b06-9fd9-4fb9-b505-bf1dceeb66c1.jpg

not sure how good it is, smells like querosene.

João Ferreira /

I'll be planning some modifications following most of your guys advices, thank yall

Replace every critical fastener, nut, and bolt with better hardware if you can find it. That will help with longevity. Most of these China bikes are put together with bubblegum bolts. They’re so soft they just continue to stretch and loosen, eventually they break or just rattle out.

Jesse Nordlander /

Toss it off a cliff, get a real moped.

Of course this group used to say the same about nopeds, now there warmly greeted.. 😝

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account