How can I get more power from my moby?

I got a 76’ moby a series and I want to get the most amount of power from it for free. I already cleaned and rebuilt the carb and cleaned the exhaust. I heard that if you drill larger holes in the muffler plates it can create a bit more power. Should I try it? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Stephan

Re: How can I get more power from my moby?

I’d poke around in the WIKI a bit before doing anything. If you cleaned your carb I’m guessing you aren’t totally clueless. Read is the best advice I could give you. Drilling out anything to make the bike flow better is gonna fuck with your carb settings and you’ll need to tune. A good first step would be looking at your carb options.

Yeah the wiki is your best bet. I'm no moby expert but 76 is not the best for performance upgrades. I would not drill holes in you exhaust as it can make your engine run lean and will run hot and sieze up. Sell the french bike.

picture? never heard of a series "a" moby. There are different versions, 20,25,30 mph. Dimoby or váriated? Theres a couple threads right below who are going from ss to variated but thats gonna cost money and is not going to make the bikes top speed faster.

How fast r u at now and what do you expect? Best free mod is porting. We all like free mods, red is the fastest color too.

Search the forum for "Poor mans fast moby".

What is the stock setup? Is it variated? I personally feel the earlier ignition (with the Zender diode) was less "temperamental", than the later one with the positive ground bs.

Mobys are great bikes (once you familiarize yourself a bit), and easy to make faster, but not for free.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account