Re: New Puch after searching for a few years.

Robert Bentzel /

Thanks for the encouragement. Your singing my tune! The future for this bike is not so gloomy/

Regards,

Rob (edited)

Robert Bentzel /

Your right here is a pic of the taillight remnants. Do you think it will be hard to find that???

Regards,

Rob

PXL_20210219_020259268.jpg

If you cant find the light in the US I'm sure you'll find one outside the US. That bike looks cherry! Looks like any of the patina is just cause it sad. those wires inside the headlight aren't even corroded so I'd be willing to be it was taken good care of up until being left sit for a long time. That's areal cool find.

Is this the "Euro" taillight? I have one and I think it looks awesome. So much nicer than the big bulky factory light.

The one that I have from treats is flimsy and a pain to mount properly. And its only a single filament. I would love to get a better quality and/or dual filament bulb.

https://www.treatland.tv/a-modern-take-on-the-puch-maxi-tail-light-p/puch-modern-tail-light.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo7fo5pT17gIVEz2tBh15UgEGEAQYASABEgICzvD_BwE

campeona del mundo /

almost all euro mopeds never required brake lights, just running lights. it'll be hard to find one that uses dual filament bulbs! also, those tail lights do suck by design. they are a direct copy of the original ones used on ciao, maxi, etc though

Damn. Thats not what I wanted to hear! It looks really nice and clean. So I'll keep using it. I have two more that I'm putting on a maxi and a Pinto2 I'm building. I plan to try to find a way to get a dual filament bulb into them.

> Taylor King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I plan to try to find a way to get a dual filament bulb into them.

Maybe bend the tab that hits the base of the the single filament bulb to one side .

Install a dual filament bulb and be sure that tab contacts only one of the bulb contacts .

Solder another wire to the other bulb contact .

Connect and insulate the two wires to the harness .

They sell dual filament sockets with wires at pep boys for a coupla bucks.

You could probably pull the bulb out of that light, enlarge the hole a little to put the socket in, and run the wires out the back.

Always more than one way around a bush . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account