Newbie from Montreal

Hi guy’s

Just picked this up in late October and it is sitting frozen in my garage at the moment. Seems to run okay except for a couple of noises but what I need to know is what model/engine is this? It is year 2005 so from my research it could be either an A35 or an A55.

So I will look at a carb cleaning, change the gearbox oil and a new plug. Anything else I should do?

Thanks and glad to have found this group!

Spring can’t come fast enough!

9F1EDB52-D45C-49E1-9626-CB751C85DE7B.jpeg

Re: Newbie from Montreal

That's the A35.

It's got reeds so it's most likely an a35. I've seen late european model a55s that came with super restricted reed cylinders though. But my vote is a35, those reed a55s would have a different head if I remember correctly. And I don't think they existed yet in 2005. (edited)

Okay thanks. The po seemed to think it was an a55 but wasn’t sure and didn’t seem to know much about it.

Any idea what plug it takes?

Also is this a Targa? Targa lx

tomos targa lx

a35 is the one you want, thats what u have

awesome black/yellow, great tires, noped pegs (safe imo), utility rack (party!)

this is an awesome all around bike, iv graphed those fairings onto my bikes cus i think they are super cool

iv ridden with this dude from nyc that has rocked a near stock one for years, thing rips rain or shine, its pretty epic

tbh i would just get a tecno boss pipe, biturbo, or hunter, and maybe a few jets to upjet for the pipe. once you experience a powerband on these you cant go back

good motul or amsoil with treats ratio rite and your ballin (edited)

Plug is an NGK B6hs. Or any B_hs plug I run B7hs in all of my bikes

Get an estoril pipe not any the previous person suggested. The side bleed pipes offer better low and mid range.

For a stock bike I'd run a NGK B6HS. B7HS or B8HS for a kitted one. Set the gap to 0.8mm.

The A35 manual is pretty vague.

spark.PNG

Technically they dropped the name " targa" around 2002 and just called the top tank model "lx".

Yeah that’s pretty vague, haha

Thanks

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Y DAY whadda doo dat?

20190409_125723_HDR.jpg

Tweaker trash /

Give me!

Tweaker trash /

I want

Tweaker trash /

Give me your moped

Edit:gib me (edited)

Tweaker trash /

I want

Tweaker trash /

Give me

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

If you are in Montreal, are you familiar with the local moped club Psyclomoteur Montreal? They are a GREAT bunch. Look them up on Facebook.

Tweaker trash /

Give me ur moped

Tweaker trash /

I want

Tweaker trash /

If I come to ur house and put a running moped in it’s place would u give a shit?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account