Good price for a stock 1hp Newport?

So I just acquired a mint 100% complete rust-free stock original 1978 Puch Newport e50 with only 218 miles on the odometer. Even the tires are perfect with no tears or wear. Guy wanted $850 but I managed to talk him down to $700. It is the restricted 1HP version. Is $700 a good price here in Ohio for this super clean shiny bike or did I get ripped off? (edited)

Re: Good price for a stock 1hp Newport?

Kinda rich for ohio.

A tad high, but not bad if it runs and rides, how to increase power is detailed in wiki if you are interested. Enjoy!

Don’t sweat it too much, man. Mint, original bikes are gradually disappearing even in Ohio and their only original once. If you like it and don’t mind spending a bit to upgrade the simple stuff, you’ll have a nice bike that will get out of its own way and look sweet doing it. It’s just money, right? Could be worse—you could have paid too much for a scooter!

Thomas Peffer /

Yeah I'm planning on doing some minor upgrades to it. Going to get a nice DMP piston port 70cc kit from dos cycles as well as a 15mm intake/15mm Bing carb, bigger front sprocket and a nice estoril sidebleed pipe from Treats. A reliable, solid 45mph bike without breaking the bank.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account