Easy sha intake

So I was digging through some boxes and found some old home made sha intake parts so I figured I would share. So it's just regular old 1/2" electric conduit. It fits some sha bushings very well. I have a tight radius bender so I can make an pretty good bend with the crap. You can also cut and weld how ever you want. Its 15mm inside so that's cool. I also just get a big ass washer and cut to fit and weld to the washer. I then use a belt grinder or if you dont have one you can get some sandpaper and a nice flat surface and sand away to make flat. Very cheap and easy

20210130_223738.jpg
20210130_224018.jpg
16120652929638761428264860673479.jpg

Re: Easy sha intake

Here is a finished product that is on an engine and has been well used. Made this many years ago and has held up well

16120653813252502496314300117069.jpg

Noice!

Well done, what is the inside like, smooth?

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Be careful welding that stuff, the gasses emitted can kill you if you aren't careful.

Probably Fred /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Be careful welding that stuff, the gasses emitted can kill you if you

> aren't careful.

Zinc, cadmium and other poisonings

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> Be careful welding that stuff, the gasses emitted can kill you if you

> aren't careful.

Oh yeah. I always grind back the galvanized coating. It has got me before. Wont kill you but will make you sick. I had to drink a bunch of milk. When you weld galvanizing it floats through the air lie little snowflakes. I wear a miller respirator under my helmet alot when welding also. Welding in general can kill you slowly over time

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Well done, what is the inside like, smooth?

Yeah pretty smooth. Fits the sha bushing realy well. If you put a few coats of paint on it it fits real snug.

this is great, really like the idea of using a large washer. ive been making them with flat stock and its always a pain to bore out a hole. this is one i made for a 15.15 SHA using 3/4 pipe on a demm smiley.

IMG_2815.jpg

You can use flat stock also. Go to harbor freight and get the cheap step bits they have. I almost only use them now for drilling steel. They cut nice when new.

From the first pic I thought it was rubber tubing, I thought how awesome that would look cruising down the street with your long rubber dick intake carb flapping in the breeze.

Haha

Rubber dick intake! Dude that is some funny shit right there! Anyone know where to get a bell shaped air filter?!

Yeah treats sells the "alien" filters. They look close enough. Or a metal mesh filter for a bing looks the part.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account