is tomos 4 stroke for real?

i am looking for my first moped. i know someone selling a 2021 tomos revival 4 stroke brand new. I have done research and everything i read says tomos does not make a 4 stroke. I this bike he is selling for real or is this a scam. thanks

Re: is tomos 4 stroke for real?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /
5C9CF265-557C-4628-AD54-722121BEE933.png

It’s bullshit. It’s a cheap Chinese 4 stroke moped with pedals. They are advertised as both Puch and Tomos models to get peoples attention. (edited)

todd amundson /

They look pretty good from here.

that is the exact picture and the guy i talked to. So is this really a tomos or puch?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

No

^^looks like a bravo tank.

theres a wiki on how to buy a moped, read for a while and take the long approach to purchasing a moped. re read.

It's not hard to debunk considering Tomos is essentially dead right now.

Tomos did make a 4-stroke 125cc scooter in the mid to late 2000's though

Dirty30 Dillon /

What would make anyone think that Tomos suddenly pivoted to honda-clone 4t motors and didn't have ONE sticker with the Tomos name on it?

Honestly, if people fall for these tactics, they should feel embarrassed. Good on you for checking, but the signs are all very obvious

I like the LOOKS of these as well, but there was a repair thread on one where the owner had nothing but problems with it...so like most chinese junk prob not worth it to get one, unless it is just to play with, like "I gave a guy $25.00 at a garage sale kind of thing". That said....anyone in MN have one of these languishing in your garage? ;)

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What would make anyone think that Tomos suddenly pivoted to honda-clone

> 4t motors and didn't have ONE sticker with the Tomos name on it?

>

> Honestly, if people fall for these tactics, they should feel

> embarrassed. Good on you for checking, but the signs are all very

> obvious

They are, if you know about mopeds....many people do not, but want to, got to learn somewhere, smart of him to ask. A lot of stuff is advertised like that to draw people to ads, pretty deceptive, but must be legal as it is a private party doing it vs a company?

Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't? In 2008 when 2 strokes basically got banned they could have so easily pivoted to a decent lifan name brand clone motor.

People are dumb, they would rather buy total junk for 1000 bucks than something nice for 1600, then complain when it's busted.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account