Running poorly. 1994 Tomos a35 14:12 carb.

Charles Fowler /

It has a biturbo exhaust. I bought at yard sale. Cleaned carb well, put an extended intake to get to carb easier. I’ve tried all the different size jets and air, and overall it seems to be missing, but it seems to have good spark and new plug.

Okay, I can seem to post my video. It idles great but hesitates and “misses” at throttle. Inconsistent.

image.jpg

Re: Running poorly. 1994 Tomos a35 14:12 carb.

Charles Fowler /

I’ll also add I don’t have any air leaks, that I can find, and I’ve replaced the head gasket.

You have reeds installed right? We went through that with a dude around here who put an a35 kit on his a3 and it ran like absolute dog shit for a while before we figured it out

It probably wouldn't be a terrible idea to clean and gap the points anyway, just to eliminate that. Make sure the little fiber cam follower is in good shape and put a drop of oil on the wiper.

Charles Fowler /

Good point. If I recall I replaced them, but will double check. I’ve been on and off with this for a bit now. Thank you. I’ll also google for a picture to make sure.

Charles Fowler /

And I should have said “can’t” post a video.

Charles Fowler /

I’ve cleaned them but will research the gapping part. Yes. Thank you.

> Charles Fowler Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Good point. If I recall I replaced them, but will double check. I’ve

> been on and off with this for a bit now. Thank you. I’ll also google for

> a picture to make sure.

For clarification that is an a35 so I would be surprised if it didn't have reeds installed in the reedblock, but if they're broken that could be the issue

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Sounds like an airleak at the coupler. Shims cracked o ring missing. Loose ground.

Charles Fowler /

Thank you. Reeds look good and not broken or bent.

Charles Fowler /

Thanks for the reply. Where is the coupler? Also, an I ask where or what the shims are?

Charles Fowler /

What purpose does the wiper serve? Is it a ground?

Charles Fowler /

More I think about it, you mean at the intake and the carb. The carb shim is tight and I have a rubber gasket in there. Not exactly an o ring, but it’s made for the carb and it’s rubber. I could replace it with an o ring.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The shim is inside the carb throat the o ring is before the shim where the clamp bolt is there are 2 areas one before the clamp on the top other is that split. After that. Make sure that the slider bottoms far enough. The. Holes in the tube of the carb are clogged the jet fell out or is clogged the cdi ground wire or spark cap is bad the killswitch is grounding itermitantly wrong plug heat try a 6 hs.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

If you can get it to rev in a dark garage look for a ground arc.

Charles Fowler /

I cleaned up the grounds that I could find and one was crusty. That was it. It’s running perfect!! Thank you

Charles Fowler /

I cleaned up the ground and it’s running perfect. I’m so excited. Thanks all!! Really appreciate the insight.

Its mopeds. The silliest thing can make them die. Wait till your tail light blows out and the bike dies when you pull the brake lever. That one is always a stumper the first time.

Keep posting questions. Between the collective, we have seen it all.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account