Dellorto ME Carburetor

I have a Benelli Dynamo I am working on. It was and still is missing many many parts and I am slowly trying to source what I need. I believe the original 65cc engine from the 1970 model used a Dellorto ME15BS carb and I picked one up fairly reasonably in good condition except that it was in parts in a bag. I have reassembled it and the only thing I think is missing is the Choke plate. In looking at many others for sale the choke plate seems to often be missing. Would people be discarding them because the stick? I feel like I should be able to get the engine running without one by just closing off the intake ...is this correct? But my real question has to do with the ME carbs. There are variations and the most common seems to be the ME18bs. It appears to be identical in terms of components and the only parts diagram I van fine for the ME carbs seems to not differentiate between the ME 15 and 18. I have fond an ME18 online and am curious if I can use the choke plate from it and will it work on my ME15? What is the difference between th 15 and 18 designation....does anybody know for sure?

Carb Diagram.JPG

Re: Dellorto ME Carburetor

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

You nailed it. I had many of these and the choke plate would get stuck in the choke position. Don't need it just use the "tickler"

I have a couple of the 18s. I could measure it if you want. I have a few parts carbs, too. I might have an extra choke set up.

If you have a spare choke plate that would be awesome. Please let me know. Thanks.

Tickler?

Maybe. I'll check tomorrow

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

The little button on top of the float bowl AKA "tickler" (an old English Triumph/Norton term.) You press it and it holds the float down so extra fuel pours into the cylinder. Works way better than a choke. so why stress no choke plate?

> Jason HOUTZ Wrote:

> It appears to be identical

> in terms of components and the only parts diagram I van fine for the ME

> carbs seems to not differentiate between the ME 15 and 18.

Bore diameter in mm.

I would expect the different sizes to use different slides, needles, atomizers, etc, but can't find much info on the ME18.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account