Pinto pictures.

I'm really trying to find motivation to finish a Pinto2 project that I started over a year ago. The original silver is pretty boring. I have a black Pinto parts bike and its pretty boring to me also. I need some color ideas and inspiration.

I'm keeping the stock tank on it, stainless fenders, etc. Ill be reusing the snowflake mags that came on it. I was planning on doing a metallic bright blue and keeping the top half of the tank chrome, but im not loving that idea anymore.

Let's see some JC Penny Swinger and Pinto builds!

Re: Pinto pictures.

Shawn Skibicki /

I've been thinking aboot the same thing and landed on raspberry with some metal flake in it.

Mine was just the stock yellow...

20140204_134905.jpg

Man I love Pintos

I have a yellow as well...love that color. Is there a list of the paint codes / rattle can match ups someplace? Mine's ratty but may be nice for touch ups.

The bike im building is a silver Pinto2. The tank ended up being SUPER rusty and pinholes starting opening up when I tried to clean it. So I bought a decent replacement tank. Its yellow.

Then when I started to take the bike apart for paint, I pulled the tank off and the frame is cracked. So I shelved the project for awhile. I ended up finding a super cheap black Pinto parts bike. So I now have a black frame, silver forks, and a yellow tank. Its pretty ugly!

My daughter wants me to paint it "chameleon". She fell in love with the factory Mystichrome paint on a mustang at a car show. That paint is SUPER expensive.

You can get some testers brand mystichrome colors in arisol cans not too expensively. Wouldnt need too much for the moped parts. Then seal it with some 2k clear coat and you should be good. Just take your time with the rattle cans and it should turn out nice. I was really close to doing that kind of color on my magnum build, but ended up going more retro.

Any luck in the "Photos" section of this site? I know there are quite a lot of them there. Maybe it'll spark some ideas.

The 1977 garage too.

punkrock randy /

One of my favorite pics.

4D4802D4-41F6-42ED-A50F-2D5664EFC26E.png

C148E7A4-CA62-40A8-823C-149AED0EDF61.jpeg

Here is our Club Pinto that was a tribute to JG. Fun little bike.

daan SJAARLOOS /

Dip it in a bucket

Alex Fredericksen /

Here's my baby. Stolen a few years ago in Chicago. ☹️

IMG_20160903_104304166.jpg

Here's mine.

Steven Whitright /

:)

pinto_red.jpg
pinto_yellow.jpg

Will Janssen /
20180304_152443.jpg
FB_IMG_1508352953193.jpg
image1.JPG

Just a few of the many pintos I’ve built...

C21F68EA-4BD6-4377-B46A-14F86CA3E037.jpeg
2F4C5D54-0B9C-45FC-91C0-8667C24A3E16.jpeg
795FBEED-BD65-4FAD-89E8-690E1DF9C3F6.jpeg

I have my Pinto frame, forks, tank, wheels, and swingarm loaded up. I'm dropping it all off today to be powder coated.

I'm going to look at some samples. But I think I'm going to go with "Cannon grey" for the frame, tank, and forks. The snowflake wheels will be "Booty Blue" both colors are from prismatic powders.

Derek, that silver one with the monoshock!🤩👍

Eric Whatley /

Swinger baby yeah

20200509_121048.jpg

> punkrock randy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> One of my favorite pics.

Those were the shit, trying to capitalize on the custom van craze....mmm, porthole window! You would have some $ if you had one of those laying around, only seen 2 in my life, neither was for sale! "Cruising wagon" I think they were called.... (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account