Puch VZ50......remove "rattle can" overspray ?

Hello folks,

I'm looking at this to buy hopefully. The owner has gone over the frame (not tank) with a cheapo rattle can job. Aaahhh ! Even if original paint is average, I would sooner have that than as it stands. Any ideas to safely remove overspray without damaging original paint. Many thanks. John.

vz50.jpg

Re: Puch VZ50......remove "rattle can" overspray ?

Try gasoline, usually when people do dumb stuff like that they use paint that is just melted off by gasoline. I've had luck just getting a rag damp with gas and rubbing it off

john cervini /

Brake fluid works awesome. Removes the spray paint while retaining the original finish.

> john cervini Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Brake fluid works awesome. Removes the spray paint while retaining the

> original finish.

Brake fluid takes off automotive grade paint too. I wouldn't use it.

Probably Fred /

I have used brake parts cleaner before but they make different formulations you got to test it out first, don’t let sit long keep wiping it

If it's just light overspay, WD-40 might work, or spray some on fine steel wool and rub gently.

If it's a full on spray paint job over original paint, google it. There's some good methods, but none of them are easy.

Pushrod Fifty /

Laquer thinner would work and it wouldnt remove the original paint but will dull it out.

Brake cleaner on a rag and gently rub it off, then use a pre wax polish to restore the luster.

Try naphtha.

nap.jpeg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account