Re: Motobecanes- the Cadillac of Mopeds, Lets see some Frenchies!!

That black Moby is sick. I am so grateful I got one to, I paid $500 for mine and it was worth every penny. However mine came with the longer surfboard seat and I altered the side panels, deleting the white. I know, leave good enough alone especially with mopeds, but I had to tone those panels down just a bit. With a little work I got mine running after sitting over 20 years and this frenchie purrs like a kitten, always reliable and ready to ride, and there is nothing like riding a low miles, just breaking in 50V! The way the motor breathes and gets up to the speed is quite magical. Respect to Motobecane and the devotion they put into their product, to make the finest moped they could at the time with the Italians breathing down their neck.

E30E7F5E-497B-4233-9BA1-46FF8AE5CE68.jpeg
9978B34D-C3FE-489D-8E5B-349EAF4D2A9C.jpeg
3B156454-A731-411F-A2F3-65F577202F75.jpeg

Shane who did you sell it too?

That black one is literally the only bike that's still on my 'permanent collection' bucket list, in planning on selling a few in the spring and trying to track one down.

Theres a lot going on here

MotobecaneMobyletteAV89VintageMoped-1000x600.jpg
Motobecane-MobyletteAV89VintageMoped-1024x700.jpg
MotobecaneMobyletteAV89-Vintage-Moped-819x1024.jpg

^ Damn, Iove it!

It looks like fun I just hope the 8 year old they must have built it for wears a helmet and pads..

> Nile Muti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Theres a lot going on here

Bruce Zapper /
IMG_2048.JPG

Nothing complicated here just stock except carb.

^ Sweet!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account