70s cady moped help!

I have an old 70 cady moped. It has the isodyne m1 engine. I'm looking to make new head gaskets. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to purchase the aluminum or copper material to do so? LOCATED IN ONTARIO CANADA


Re: 70s cady moped help!

Rubberized gasket material is available at any decent auto parts store .

As for head gasket , use the one that's on the motor. Anneal that gasket before reuse .

I've even used heavy duty aluminum foil for head gaskets .

Re: 70s cady moped help!

You may be able to buy a nos, check eBay or maybe DOS cycles, you sure you need one?

Re: 70s cady moped help!

Can you clarify what you mean by nos? And yes I'm 99% sure, they come with one from factory, so I'm assuming I do..

Re: 70s cady moped help!

Nos=new old stock

Email doscycles.com

Re: 70s cady moped help!

Pushrod Fifty /

You can buy a small piece of Amaraid gas resist gasket material on mcmaster-carr.com for the base gasket for a couple of bucks if you cant find one. They also sell high temp material that may work for the head gasket.

Re: 70s cady moped help!

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

I'd mill the head, and cylinder, and go without.

Re: 70s cady moped help!

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

I would find a similar one for another motor with the same stud pattern

and trim it to fit

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account