Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Johnny Braaapp /

>

> actually, anyone use those tire changing stands? Seriously I change like

> 80% of the tires in our shop and I've never used the stand. I don't even

> know how it should work. I gues I could watch a youtube.

>

> I think it's this thing. I don't fuck with it. maybe its for cars only?

>

> https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/9/69686_W3.jpg

No. Especially on moped tires. They're basically the same as a BMX bike which, for me require no tire irons. One thing I took out of that video that I'll try next time is to throw a tire down to use as a "work bench." Just takes some elbow grease, definitely you do not need ANY fucking special stand.

Double Trouble Dan /

You have a bike that will not run or not running properly .

After checking fuel supply , spark , and compression , you decide to check the points and timing .

If your timing will not set properly after setting the points to the correct open measurement ( + - .016) and you can get the bike to run with the points almost closed (.010 or less) and the stator plate set to fully retard the timing , the flywheel cam rub block on the points is worn out and they need to be replaced .

I have had several bikes with this condition lately . Easy fix once i found it .

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I will just reset the points at fully closed if that feeler is shot just to run it till parts get there.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account