Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

What happens is that charge blowing past the piston rings will fill the crank case and push intake air back out... Since the charge is burned already (has no fuel in it) it acts like an air leak, heats up your piston, and messes up incoming charge.

Reed valve engines don't care so much, I had a hobbit a couple years back that was like throwing a hot dog down a hallway, ran great! But piston port and rotary won't run at all with some blowby.

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Double Trouble Dan Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Did not measure the piston to skirt clearance . .

Seems you'd want to know that measurement , as it dictates not only slap but port closure .

Too much clearance and port timing can be altered .

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Double Trouble Dan /

Graham , that does sound plausible .

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Tricky tricky. I figured this could of been done easily i knew i should of given it a try.

\

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Billy Clifford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Tricky tricky. I figured this could of been done easily i knew i should

> of given it a try.

>

> \

What's tricky tricky ?

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Probably Fred /
8D49372C-3C76-418F-B216-4EB155C23200.gif
8D49372C-3C76-418F-B216-4EB155C23200.gif

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

She is so hott^^^

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Probably Fred /
C380BE71-2690-4291-A311-78B372480839.jpeg

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> She is so hott^^^

I guess if you don’t look very close

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

this?

DA13A25F-71C6-4BA5-8269-91DE98258B6D.jpeg

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Double Trouble Dan /

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

If you want to sew a patch on your mopeding jacket/vest/speedos etc, use dental floss. Same goes with buttons.

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I use fishing line...

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Probably Fred /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I use fishing line...

Braided fishing line is very strong

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

My most secret repair tip?

Multimeter tells you when points open

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> 🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My most secret repair tip?

>

> Multimeter tells you when points open

And , if the condenser is any good , as well as the rest of the electrical system , when used correctly . ;)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

If it ain't broke , don't fix it . ;)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Technically you need an LCR meter to determine to what degree of "good" the condenser is operating at but yeah also those things

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Linda’s profile has some great tips for moped people.

>

> Don’t know if everyone has seen them.

Linda is the best. She still trolling around here?

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This is #2 out of a 5 part series but this dude is an absolute beast. He

> makes it look easy but these ice tires are 3 layers thick and covered in

> sharp ass studs, they are the worst tires to mount and unmount.

>

>

I like the bit where he sets the bead down into the rim real quick opposite the last toughest part.

I also like that he's just hulking it, kneeling on the ground. as it should be.

No fancy machine (but clearly nice levers). no fancy table (we recently bough this "tire changing stand" and I don't even know what it's supposed to do. I just hulk tires on while kneeling on the ground...)

actually, anyone use those tire changing stands? Seriously I change like 80% of the tires in our shop and I've never used the stand. I don't even know how it should work. I gues I could watch a youtube.

I think it's this thing. I don't fuck with it. maybe its for cars only?

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Graham Motzing Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > This is #2 out of a 5 part series but this dude is an absolute beast.

> He

>

> > makes it look easy but these ice tires are 3 layers thick and covered

> in

>

> > sharp ass studs, they are the worst tires to mount and unmount.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> I like the bit where he sets the bead down into the rim real quick

> opposite the last toughest part.

>

> I also like that he's just hulking it, kneeling on the ground. as it

> should be.

>

> No fancy machine (but clearly nice levers). no fancy table (we recently

> bough this "tire changing stand" and I don't even know what it's

> supposed to do. I just hulk tires on while kneeling on the ground...)

>

> actually, anyone use those tire changing stands? Seriously I change like

> 80% of the tires in our shop and I've never used the stand. I don't even

> know how it should work. I gues I could watch a youtube.

>

> I think it's this thing. I don't fuck with it. maybe its for cars only?

>

> https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/9/69686_W3.jpg

Yes Will,I have that exact one from horrible freight. I bought it mainly for the bead breaker on automotive wheels. I bolted mine down to a wooden pallet cause it was a temporary thing. (edited)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

I've used a stand like that^ , but , never on a 'ped tire .

Just a couple old dull screwdrivers and plenty of dish soapy water .

10 minute job , taking my time . ;)

I recall trying that stand on a motorcycle tire and ended up on the floor changing it by hand . That might have been because the stand did not have a good solid fastened down base . Just the short cross members , like in that pic .

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I've used a stand like that^ , but , never on a 'ped tire .

>

> Just a couple old dull screwdrivers and plenty of dish soapy water .

>

I prefer steak knives and Worcestershire sauce.

> 10 minute job , taking my time . ;)

>

> I recall trying that stand on a motorcycle tire and ended up on the

> floor changing it by hand . That might have been because the stand did

> not have a good solid fastened down base . Just the short cross members

> , like in that pic .

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> I prefer steak knives and Worcestershire sauce.

>

Ha . Everyone should have good steak knives and Worcestershire sauce for removing rust and other undesirables , as it's absolutely no good for anything else . ;)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Dill pickle for cleaning and lubing your chains in a single easy step

chainpickle.jpg

SECRET PRO TIP: Kosher works best

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> P D Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > I prefer steak knives and Worcestershire sauce.

>

> >

>

> Ha . Everyone should have good steak knives and Worcestershire sauce for

> removing rust and other undesirables , as it's absolutely no good for

> anything else . ;)

WTactualF PD, beans on toast without a splash of Worcestershire sauce just ain't right, and toasted cheese sarni for that matter. However, to take beans on toast to the ultimate level add a splash of Whisky 😋.

Loving the pickle lube skills Reb👍 (edited)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Blake Totally a real doctor /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> No fancy machine (but clearly nice levers). no fancy table (we recently

> bough this "tire changing stand" and I don't even know what it's

> supposed to do. I just hulk tires on while kneeling on the ground...)

>

> actually, anyone use those tire changing stands? Seriously I change like

> 80% of the tires in our shop and I've never used the stand. I don't even

> know how it should work. I gues I could watch a youtube.

>

> I think it's this thing. I don't fuck with it. maybe its for cars only?

>

> https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/9/69686_W3.jpg

Will, we have an MSR stand like this one at the warehouse

msx-34-2210_xl.jpg

I used to do it on the ground as well but this thing is tight and has a reducer for small scooter wheels. But yeah just toss it on there and then tighten the wheel in place with the axle rod. Or remove that if its sealed bearing. You can stand on the feet of it for leverage instead of digging your knees into the wheel.

It does work better for sealed bearing wheels. Loose bearing, I can go 50/50 on if I bother. The biggest thing though is because the tire isn't laying on the floor anymore, its easier to keep the bead in the center of the rim instead of accidentally walking it back up.

At the Swoop shop, I still use the same brown broken office chair we had 7 years ago at Rogers St shop.

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

> Tom Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> WTactualF PD, beans on toast without a splash of Worcestershire sauce

> just ain't right, and toasted cheese sarni for that matter. However, to

> take beans on toast to the ultimate level add a splash of Whisky 😋.

>

> Loving the pickle lube skills Reb👍

I have never been that^ needy . LOL

And , I don't do pickles , either . Not even for cleaning chains . ;)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Best tip so far..learned long ago to let it breathe is the way. cover it up sew it up whatever only asking for trouble. plus with the keeping it open method you get to have the battle scars to show later on... Pretend I quoted Scooters post on the grinder rash..have better things to do than go back and figure out how I effed up.. (edited)

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Double Trouble Dan /

When checking electrical issues , a 6/12 volt battery charger and a multi meter is your best friend .

Multi-meter can check continuity of wires and bulbs , resistance values of coils , and a good capacitance meter can check a condenser .

The battery charger can be used in place of starting the engine to check wires , switches , grounds , and lamps .

In tandem , you can find most electrical issues in short order with the bike on a bench ..

Re: SECRET REPAIR TIPS YOU DON'T TELL TO THE PEOPLE FROM MOPED ARMY

Johnny Braaapp /

Do your best, PERMATEX the rest...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account