newbie saying hi

hi guys! i just got my first moped and i’ve been having so much fun with it. i have a puch maxi luxe (i think?) and i love her. i’m new to moped army and am still learning my way around. i wanted to ask if anyone has advice for meeting moped people in my area to be BFFs with. i live near san antonio.

thank you in advance,

mackenzie :)

8B3B3D44-7A4A-450B-89C3-BD9FCD8F3363.jpeg

Re: newbie saying hi

Hello, nice bike for sure. I love baskets

Dirty30 Dillon /

Man, it would be so pleasant to go back when I just got my first bike.

There are two Texas clubs! You can try reaching out to one of them by going to the “branches part of the website” I know Texas is big and I’m not for familiar with the layout so I don’t know how close they actually are to you, but other than that mopeds has always been a DIY scene. Buy 2 or 3 more bikes and let your friends ride! Suck em into the scene. Or meet team rando and make some crummy fliers and hang them up at your local grocery store and stuff.

5C39B975-0B84-45B3-80ED-FADD3CB49CA2.jpeg
DFAB23A4-EA0B-43EC-9C1E-A3C65432A5B0.jpeg

(edited)

Hi - welcome to moped world. I have a '78 Maxi Luxe and they're so much fun. Thats a really nice bike you have there. This is a great place to learn how to take care of it and just enjoy the reading and amassing of knowledge. I'm in Weatherford, which is a loooong way from SA, but hopefully you'll find other owners close by. Congratulations on your beautiful Maxi.

And check out that cool speedo mounting for extra precision during grocery runs!

logos in the whole of texas. its a big place with not a lot of mopeds. enjoy one of the best mopeds made.

Pushrod Fifty /

Nice Maxi. You may want to turn the speedo bracket around to make room for a dirty 30 in that basket.

Yeah hit up Lou, he's got his finger on the pulse of moped culture in texas, you're actually in a pretty good spot between austin and houston, I know there are some guys up by Dallas but I'm not sure if there is anything going on in San Antonio

Hey Mackenzie! I’m actually in San Antonio if you ever wanna meet up and bash or need some help with your Moped! Haven’t found many people here in San Antonio with classic mopeds but there are a few of us!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account