Cimatti no start

Michael Shogren /

So my City Bike won’t turn over. I rebuilt the carb, changed out the forks and handlebars so I printed out the schematic and rewired what I had too. Looking over the bike I noticed that when I engage the clutch, the magneto won’t spin or barely does. But when I turn it by hand I can hear the carb working, compression out of the exhaust and the piston does move. So I’m guessing my clutch is slipping or not engaging at all. If I take the crank case off, what should I look for within the clutch set up? The bike did run before I made the changes. (edited)

9B0F63EC-E0EC-4E11-B08A-4489F8F3068E.jpeg

Re: Cimatti no start

Tighten the clutch cable

Yup, your describing a misadjusted clutch cable.

Yup. I third that notion. Tighten up the clutch cable. I just went through this on my Cimatti Town Bike.

Not for nothing, but why did you molest that beautiful stock, white City Bike? (edited)

Yeah this is pretty heartbreaking if you ruined the top pic and the bottom pic is after.

Graham, it looks like that is the case here. Damn shame.

Michael Shogren /

It was pretty shot, the front and rear shocks had no bounce. The rear taillight cover fell off on the road, head nut wouldn’t stay tight, throttle handle was sticky. He had an 8mm fuel inlet coming out of the gas tank into a 5mm fuel line to an 8mm petcock then to the carb with no filter. Front brake was missing the connecting screw, speedometer was busted on the wheel. Only thing that really worked was the rear brake and the motor. It ran good for about two weeks before the fuel line was clogged in some rust.

None of that has anything to do with it's looks .

Wow that was such a clean bike!!!

Anyway whatcha doing with that front fender??

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account