new exhaust

put on a techno circuit exhaust on my otherwise stock maxi 2.0 hp, 12mm bing with 64 jet. i can feel the improvement in torque. the top speed is around 29 mph (about 1 mph faster than stock exhaust). I tried a couple of bigger jets (66, 68) and they made it much slower (like 25 mph). I am going to try a cone type filter and see if that makes it a little quicker. Then maybe a 14mm carb if that shows no improvement. I would like to get it to 35mph with the circuit pipe if possible.

IMG_4868.jpg

Re: new exhaust

Probably Fred /

Performance pipe needs a performance filter not junk stock restrictive air-box and resonator which acts a governor on a puch moped,

No cone, get Metal mesh filter or run no filter for a bit and see what it does and up jet to maybe 70-72 with 2.22 atomizer, Pretty sure your carburetors is 14 mm Because maxi with open port cylinder most times came with a 14 mm carb with 64 jet 2.22 stock but if 12mm it still could take close to a 70 jet,

You want to have a filter that is almost the same as none restricting wise, you should’ve tried mesh filter or no filter first with stock pipe because I get 35mph an hour just by changing the filter and up jetting on a open port cylinder 2hp keeping the stock exhaust,

Easiest way to get that top speed better would be to drop the front sprocket a tooth One tooth will do more than you thing don’t go too crazy or you will loose all your bottom end power

> Wolf Wizard Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Easiest way to get that top speed better would be to drop the front

> sprocket a tooth One tooth will do more than you thing don’t go too

> crazy or you will loose all your bottom end power

Could it be that you meant adding a tooth to the front ?

Dropping a tooth in front will increase slow speed pickup , but decrease top end speed .

up shits creek /

Repack wheels. Check brakes. Make sure you don't have drag before hitting up more performance parts bruh.

thanks guys. it looks like it has a 12mm bing carb, 2.22 atomizer. I tried a variety of jets 64-74 with stock air box, with a foam filter and with no filter and it was slower each time. It runs fastest with the stock airbox and 64 jet. I am going to get a 14mm carb and mesh filter and try them with 70-72 jets.

Gearing will make a big difference also

update after couple months... the engine started making less and less power and more noise no matter what I did with jetting, filter, and pipes. I ended up rebuilding the engine with an airsal 50cc kit, new seals/bearings and have it running great, 14 bing, 72 jet, circuit pipe, pegging the 30 mph speedo. Also got new seat, pedals, shocks, and fender. (edited)

IMG_4991.jpg

There ya go. Looks like a happy, perky maxi.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account