1978 Honda hobbit pa501 Throttle cable?

Matthew Faucett /

My throttle cable is junk anyone have a link to get another that will fit ty!? And also this hobbit is a night mare lol I highly suggest never taking the carb off! Every time I do I have to buy a new one as it quits working right ! That’s why I need a new cable the repetitive repair ruined my throttle cable.

Re: 1978 Honda hobbit pa501 Throttle cable?

I've taken maybe 50 carbs off of hobbits and never had to replace one because it didn't work after I cleaned it. That's not how carbs work

Matthew Faucett /

I agree idk what happened I think the original was just shot , and the new one was cheap.

Yeah. That shouldn't happen. Also, the replacement carbs are chinese junk and never work, and every one is made from a pa50II, not pa50I. Regardless, something's wrong.

You should seriously consider getting a pa50II reedblock and carb. You could probably get the whole shebang in the buy/sell forum for cheap...hell, if I were you I'd just get a complete running pa50II engine with the variator and standard cylinder...seems like it's alot of work for a 17mph restricted bike..but I'm not you! Do what you wish and good luck!

Anyway, here's the cable.

Also, understand that no replacement carb arrives with the correct jetting, and could seize your engine if you run it as is.

https://www.treatland.tv/honda-hobbit-THROTTLE-cable-p/hobbit-throttle-cable.htm (edited)

Matthew Faucett /

How do you set the jet

Johnny Braaapp /

> Matthew Faucett Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> How do you set the jet

All the info you need is in the Wiki.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account