1985 Puch Maxi GS: how much is this worth?

faulty carb /

I've had this bike quite awhile, and am now looking to sell it. How much is it worth though? I've been looking at Maxi values for awhile now, but it all completely different for the different models. I have not seen a 85 GS yet though, so im still not sure what its worth. Thanks

Re: 1985 Puch Maxi GS: how much is this worth?

Show some pictures.

faulty carb /
sm45 OP

Alright

moped1.jpg
moped4.jpg
moped3.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

Are those holes in the top of the tank?

Probably Fred /

It’s got a non-original feeble skinny front rim, fork tubes are rusted possibly bent or need rebuilt and possible rusted tank So it’s worth whatever a e50 engine and a rear wheel cost Because those are basically the only things that could be worth anything If the tank/frame are rusted bad

It’s not a running in good shape bike, 1985 model is nothing really much different than a 1980 model except for crank Headlight, speedometer, Wiring differences so it’s not even worth trade-in-price

B07C781A-24E1-47D0-B5AD-FF4D55E71288.jpeg

Yeah, I'd pay around $200 of I had a another bike that needed an engine. I'd imagine that frame is screwed judging by the condition of the rest of the bike. if it's got any serious rust inside it's structurally comprimised.

Now if you got it at least running, were able to clean up the forks and get them working, replace the front wheel with the correct one and verify that the tank is clean. It would be a good project. Maybe $400.

$150

faulty carb /
sm45 OP

The bike has been garage kept, and I just got it started for the first time yesterday. It's carb is bad though, and it needs a new one. Those holes above the tank are rust spots, from when the previous owner would ride it on hard, unpaved roads, causing rocks to fling up on it and chip the paint. The fork is very straight, but the front rim is indeed not the right one, of which I didn't know until you showed me. Thanks for the help

Dirty30 Dillon /

The rust on the tank are definitely from the inside out, not from rocks whacking the tank.

The frame/tank is most likely rotten.

Yeah, that bike is unfortunately a bit roached. Inside the tank is probably rusty rot city. And you’re missing the red decals so it doesn’t even look like a classic NES!

It’s worth a couple Hundred bucks depending on where you live.

The stones flicked up, past the fender, past the underside of the frame and managed to land from above and chip the paint.....all in the same spot? GLWS.

faulty carb /
sm45 OP

I see what you mean about rocks peppering it behind the tank, and that does seem a little strange. I'll look into if it can be fixed without major bodywork. Thanks

Probably Fred /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The rust on the tank are definitely from the inside out, not from rocks

> whacking the tank.

>

> The frame/tank is most likely rotten.

Yeah any of my personal bikes if they have rust in the tank are gone

I scrap or giveaway the frame If any rust Through the paint like I did for several frames last summer

Any rust in the tank is rust in the frame, you’re foolish for thinking otherwise

I had several tank/framesfold in half with my 210 lb After cleaning the rust weakened the walls

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account