BSA Ariel 3

IMG_0664.JPG

Been looking for one of these for years, there is one locally that the collector would not sell. Arrived tonight and my wife Ariel cleaned it up while I was chatting with the guy that delivered it. Already found another stateside if anyone is interested.

Re: BSA Ariel 3

So dang cool!!

That colour looks awesome!

jr8V1V7.gif

that is so very cool, nice find!

Where and how much?

Oh man that's super cool! Even better parked next to the MG

Dirty30 Dillon /

Never really wanted an M48 powered bike before....

So cool

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Klarna?

Yessss!!!!!!! Such an oddball bike, love it.

Ughhhhhh

I love mg's.

MG has a really nicely built little motor.

Ariel 3 motor is a Dutch Anker 50 cc-I don't know too much about it yet.

The MG and Ariel are both Ariel's, I just get to work on them and drive them occasionally:)

The color code is curry.

The other Ariel 3 I found is in TN. Owner wants $800. It is disassembled, he had the frame and wheels powder coated. It is blue, he it is a close match on the original color.

As someone else stated, BSA just bought a horde of Laura M48 engines for these. It’s Just a Batavus under all that rear craziness!

Makes sense, that is what what looks like. That is actually good news, opens up some possibilities.

And you already have the matching sweater !!!

Great score ! Everyone loves a good curry.

All of my wife's knitter friends first noted the matching sweater, she was actually wearing that before she saw the color of the bike:)

" With one breath

With one flow

You will know

Synchronicity "

- The Police

You and I need to get together sometime or at least talk on the phone. Send me a PM. I'm in ND. I no longer act on an impulse. My wife is a divorce attorney.

?

Love these trikes and that one looks in very fine fettle, sweet find. And the colour coordination is on a whole other level, even the shoes are close👍

.......synchronicity........Ariel was meant to have that amazing little Ariel. The universe has spoken.........

I understood the synchronicity comment.

I was a bit confused by Dimtry.

Yeah, me too.......

Me three.

I just think it's a really cool bike, never seen one, I live for the oddballs! How fast does it go? Enjoy!

Supposedly they go 28-30mph, this one needs a little love before it will be up and running. I plan on spending some time in the garage tonight. Trying to finish other peoples bikes to clear some floor space, but this deserves some attention too.

PM sent about other bike

Cool, love the wheels, what kind of rear brakes? On the axle or each wheel, post some video's when she's ready, this is really neat.

I've heard anecdotes that there was a lot of rivalry and animosity among the Brit bike builders Norton, BSA, Triumph and Ariel, when they got bought out and consolidated I wonder if this wasn't called Ariel 3 as a dig on the 'ariel 4'

It is funny that they refer to the number of wheels rather than the number of cylinders on the Ariel 4. (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account