Drive somewhere and if you're lucky buy a non runner $300?

I found this ad on shitbook and this idea that everyone is just going to make the drive and gamble as to whether or not someone beats them there is nonsense to me!

nonsense.JPG

First come, first served I get, but you know schedule appointments, not just make people drive and if they are lucky they get to buy the non running rusty maxi for $300.

I wonder if people are going to camp out like buying an Iphone, maybe they will argue and fight over it? Nonsense. . I am kind of in the market and have been missing riding.. but I'm not encouraging this shit.

Of course this is their freedom, and it's my freedom to share.

This has to be the worst post I have seen in years.

Note the party's info has been hidden, so I am not trying to incite anything. I just am calling out this practice in general.

Re: Drive somewhere and if you're lucky buy a non runner $300?

I dont think its that weird tbh, ive seen stuff before that's cross posted with yard/estate sales that just give address, date, and times.

Show up and offer him $80 if it ain't seized.

Or maybe find some other cool shit and get a package deal.

Or just go for a drive, smoke a joint, and enjoy the trip.

Cool, thanks for the input. I think you're right.

i do know what youre saying though.

CL and Marketplace have kinda jaded me as well. Especially the seized up and rusted out piles of shit with disclaimers of no "low-ballers" or "I know what I have".

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I inquired about a dirtbike one time for like $200. It wasn't anything crazy, pretty beater too. Anyway the guy gave me an address and told me several people were already coming. I just said no thanks, I'm not going to fist fight over buying parts bikes. I think that's a crappy way to sell.. I don't hold for people, but I honor an appointment and won't sell it to someone else before the appointment.

Ya, people are straight up being dicks at times it seems. What really makes it suck is that I actually try to be legit with my dealing. I've gone above and beyond, I've held a bike over a month with no deposit. I've offered deals locally just to grow the scene. I don't know, it brings me happiness to fix up the mopeds and sell them for a good price.

I think it is getting to the point where I just can't do it. In fact I don't even sell to people other than those either in the local MA scene or those who can be vouched for. I remember some old boomer inquires about a seized up bike I had, I push it out and apparently the marvel mystery oil worked and it unseizes, the old bastard low balls me. It was unfortunate that I needed the cash at the time or I would have told him to take a hike.

Another thing I've come across lately is a rash of people lying to me about deals, I don't know why. I would say pressure, except that I don't even bring up bikes or sales, like people will approach me and come up with nonsense..

Anyhow, I can only control my behavior and I can not do the impossible. It looks like I'll just acquire some more runners and call it a day.

That being said the people I have dealt with in the local scene have been awesome and they have helped me and I have been happy to help them.

Mark Younggren /

I thought someone stole my bike and was flipping it for a quick second when I saw the ad. I have only seen a couple baby blues before. Then realized that’s prolly the father to my bike that got addicted to hard stuff and took a downward spiral sleeping outside in the rain

910A1570-F9BA-46B5-9C83-8EAB93E6FC8E.jpeg

Beautiful bike!

I've made up my mind to just chill and either find a better deal and not encourage this type of behavior.

Estate sale/ Garage sale I get it, but these guys are really just selling the bike today and not being very nice about it in my opinion.

Captain Janeway /

I'm just so excited about selling a bike (voice dripping sarcasm). Great running bike but I just don't ride it. So looking forward to dealing with driving to PD parking lot to allow for test drives, collecting licenses, etc. (joys of living in an urban area). I don't have a problem with driving away from an asshole who offers me half.

Don't forget about the million questions, the random ghosting etc etc...

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I dont think its that weird tbh, ive seen stuff before that's cross

> posted with yard/estate sales that just give address, date, and times.

>

> Show up and offer him $80 if it ain't seized.

>

> Or maybe find some other cool shit and get a package deal.

>

> Or just go for a drive, smoke a joint, and enjoy the trip.

^ This.

She sold, probably full price too. Things are getting stupid I think, except when I go to sell. IDK. I'll probably just grab a bike or two and call it a day... the problem is randos will approach and be like I wants the mopeds, then I'll have to say good luck, which sucks, but I can't save the world I guess.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account