A35 w/ SHA15 Carb + Oil Injection questions

Hi All-

Today was very likely the most suicidal ride of my entire 23 year motorcycling career - from NJ to Brooklyn, NY on my bone stock 2017 Tomos Flexer, including some highway travel. I wanted to visit Second Stroke mopeds as I'm a fan of their videos. While there, I picked up a SHA15. I'm going to get an MLM People's Pipe to compliment it. Questions for the experts:

1) SHA15 comes with its own filter as you see. Can I just use that, or do you recommend modifying the stock airbox instead? The folks at 2nd Stroke showed me what to do to the stock airbox if we go that route.

2) Once the carb and pipe are installed, do you recommend disabling the stock oil injection? Or just supplementing more oil into the tank directly? Are there any written instructions on how to disable the oil injection?

Thanks as usual for your advice.

-MKL

Second Stroke.jpg
SHA15.jpg

Re: A35 w/ SHA15 Carb + Oil Injection questions

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

WOW, highway riding? You're brave sir.

The thin line between bravery and stupidity was crossed today. Definitely stupid. NYC's finest told me so, several times.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Less headaches go premix.

black cap n screens r good, u can pull a couple of screens out to lessen the restriction.

does this have a fancy electric oil pump? should be straight forward, cut it all out, remove oil lines n pump, n then plug injection port on manifold. (edited)

I’m not sure if the pump is electric, but I don’t think it is. Looks to me like gravity feed line from the oil tank to a mechanical pump.

The mechanical pump is attached to your flywheel cover. Just remove that pump and the lines. Plug the hole in your intake or replace it with one that doesnt have oil injection. Premix in your tank at 40:1 and you should be golden.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account