What's the furthest you have ever peddaled your Moped?

Me , about 20 feet.

It's a lot easier to get off and push.

Re: What's the furthest you have ever peddaled your Moped?

Half a block

Halfway across the street when it stalled at a light.

In total, 2-300 miles on the stand trying to get an old piece of crap to start for the first time.

About 5 feet. they are geared so low as to be useless.

Till I started gettin chest pains and out of breath because it quit at the bottom of a hill,much easier to walk along side or get the drill out.( about 2 blocks)

It is kind of an interesting subject though. I grew up with a noped (Honda express) I remember visiting this website in the early 00s and there was kind of a sligthly unwelcoming atmosphere towards them. So I strove to get the moped and I thought it would be great because I could pedal and exercise then turn on the engine to come home.... turns out the pedals are indeed too low geared to be useful.

Whenever I broke down and couldn't jerry rig it, it was basically walk it up a hill, ride it down. Repeat

1.3 miles

If my ped breaks down, it gets chained to something, I either call for a ride, grab a cab or hop on the bus, go home, grab truck and retrieve bike. F pushing or pedaling them. Can't remember the last time a bike left me stranded though. I know, just cursed myself, good thing season is about done in the great white north. :)

There's a thread on here where someone dropped their engine and pedaled their ped at a bicycle rally or something. Some dumbass long distance masochistic shit

I had to pedal about a half mile on mine recently because I ran out of gas. It’s like riding a bike in first gear, real easy to pedal but you go like 2 mph. It would have been easier to get off and push it but I finally had an excuse to use the pedals in an ‘emergency’.

Probably Fred /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> About 5 feet. they are geared so low as to be useless.

It’s not just that, on some bikes it drags internal gears and or clutch bells too so not free wheeling,

Not a moped but my baby brother and I did epic trip pushing a Kawasaki F11 250 motorcycle for hrs after I had to put cheap 86 octane economy unleaded in because the only open gas station was out of hi test/all leaded gas which the bike was set up for and piston dome overheated and a small part melted crack formed and then lost compression,

Bike was a little low on power but ran fine with both of us on it coming from a farm I worked at but after the 77N Pleasant Valley on ramp, going 60-65 mph it died.

Every payphone and emergency phones along the route were missing or broken, not many cell phones in the later 1980s and We certainly didn’t have one.

Didn’t know who would help us on a Sunday evening anyway and there was almost no cars at all so we pushed the bike on this route to our parents house avoiding almost all city streets and had my wife pick me up there early am monday exhausted

0F69C0D3-3043-42F9-90D1-0F86E7FDA636.jpeg

Pretty far Huh, It’s not the same route that I'm showing near the end of 77, It could be shorter because the map is different with 490 and more roads/exchanges added now so just a guess.

The First part of trip was not that bad because mostly downgrade but then upgrade pushing and walking alongside with one of us on the bike sometimes to rest which was mostly my weaker young teen age brother, my leg, arm and chest muscles burned then were sore for days,

Nothing like that ever again but years before that My cousin and I pushed my 68 fury about a mile and a half to his house,

We made do without cell phones and AAA that’s for sure

A few feet. I’ll just walk it my guy (minarelli motors are a HASSEL to pedal)

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

5 miles. Pryer trike condenser went on the way home from work. Cant push without getting legs run over. Too big to put on moped rack. Too heavy to lift into truck without help and no one was around. I made a lot of rest stops.

Pushrod Fifty /

I pedalled about a half mile and pushed for another mile wearing full leathers after my old Benelli died because a mouse chewed up the wiring on my brake switch. I ended up with a pulled muscle and in crutches.

A couple of miles on a Tomos in the hot and humid VA summer. Ended up at a 7-11, puked(heat stroke?), and luckily my cousins husband was driving past and saw me.

puked(heat stroke?

Fuck, man, glad you're alright... Heat is no joke.

I have pedaled bikes way too far. I mean like miles. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I’ve probably pedaled a bike 2 or 3 miles before. Seattle has a few gas deserts, where I’ve gotten stuck most is from basically the stadiums/international district all the way to the other side of bell town there’s nothing. Plenty of ev charging stations around there though.

Pushrod Fifty /

I was out on my Cub, way out in the sticks and was almost dry before I made it to the nearest gas station. I woukd have been up shit's creek without a pedal.

First moped I ever rode ran out of gas and I think I was a half mile from my grandparents cabin, so i pedaled it the entire way thinking it would be easy. When I finally got home my grandpa asked if I had flipped on the reserve and I was like "reserve? what?"

I pedaled a couple laps around a campground. Maybe a half mile. I finished my gas in the tank for the season and decided to get some exercise by pedaling to the front gate to let a couple guests in.

I have pedaled 2 miles home when the fuel line sprung a leak. It sucked. Motobecanes gearing isnt that bad pedaling, not like, Garelli bad. But after a block you realize, yeah pedaling just isnt gonna work. Being a grown man pedaling a moped sucks and don't look good. You must not give a fuck what others who see you might think. Even if it's that female you really like that see's you. You must do the pedal of shame with pride. That's what seperates mopeders from others 2 wheel vehicle owners. We deal with way more bullshit and betrayal from our machines than anyone. No matter how pissed i get breaking down or how much i hate mopeds at times, i can't stay mad long.

In total over the decades I have pedalled just over one meter because all mopeds have horrible pedal size ratios.

I pedaled my cobra home like 2 and half miles or so when I blew it up. My body and back ached for the entire week after. The last half a mile or so, I found it was easier to sit on the bike sideways and push it like a skateboard kinda. I have a carrier now so that's never an option for me again, bikes getting locked up and brought back home later!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

4 and a half miles on a batavus

3 miles down hill w/o belt. 1 mile level I walked it uphill .5 mile tho...

All Great stories of a painful and embarrassing time all Moped owners will go through sooner or later. It's an experience that will make you be sure that you never ride without a cell phone and a good friends phone number.

Lol, when I started riding there were no cell phones....you carried bus fare, or a quarter for the phone, but mainly you kept your bike in good tune so it did not break down in the first place, of course the bikes were much newer in '84..... :)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

And it is like your date you took her out you gotta walk her home.

A friend with a vehicle that could fit a moped.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account