Ran outta gas

Had my first 'pedal home' in like 10 years, on the Sachs no less. The thing gets such good gas mileage I've just been riding it for weeks and not filled it up, guess I had it on reserve.

I feel like Sachs might be the worst to pedal? Only had to go a little ways but all up hill. Bummer.

Re: Ran outta gas

Jack Rutherford /

Ha, try pedaling a Chappy.

Minarelli sucks to pedal also

No reserve? It happens...

Internal shaft pedaling sucks. Sachs cause they're heavy and have a ton of shit to move on the inside, minarelli cause the gearing is so effing low

Welcome to that last 10 miles portion of the ride...

100mpg.jpg

Pedaling my M1 Sebring is atrocious too. Internal gearing only lets me get up to about 5mph with constant pedaling. My magnum gets me up to about 11mph which is much more useful. Thankfully there are dozens of gas stations in any given area in NYC

It's like pedalling a tomos. I'd rather push a puch than pedal a tomos.

Yeah any of them with internal gear suck, I think something in my Sachs is dragging, it's not as fast as it should be. Sometimes stuff like this happens because the Moped is trying to tell you something

Luckily i'm allowed to take the pedals of my mopeds, so i've rarely had to undergo the idiocy of pedalling a moped.

My flatreed variant is brutal to pedal. Sachs aren't easy either but I think flatreeds are harder. I'm not missing a pedal mode switch like the PP/PR have right? Just moving the variant around my garage is sort of a pain

Fucking Tomos.

V1's don't go anywhere under pedal power either.

Testing my Lazer a while back and only put a little gas to see if it would start.

Got too excited on the test ride and ran out a half mile out. Long push home in 90° weather.

Flat reeds are easy to pedal if you have it in pedal mode. Hobbit and Vespa are the best peddlers.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

It’s sucks peddling one with bent crank arms to clear pipes and such. I’ve walked a lot of moped miles. Mostly due to seizing but some due to running out of gas.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Flat reeds are easy to pedal if you have it in pedal mode. Hobbit and

> Vespa are the best peddlers.

Shit where's the pedal mode switch, I've looked all over and haven't found it. I know PP/PR has the lever thing on top (edited)

My 62 Ducati Piuma has three speeds, and they work when pedaling, too, if you hold in the clutch. Still no fun to pedal though.

.....happened to me a month ago. I forgot how bad of gas mileage my hobbit gets. Ran out 1 mi from home after leaving with a full tank. The reserve is broken on my tank....well maybe the hose just popped out of the main. Any way. I leaned it on its side to fill the carb up with the last few drops... fired it back up and made it two blocks from the house. So a two block walk was way better. No pedal chain on my bike because the sprocket few off years ago.

Probably the first time in 8 years I ran out of gas.

I have a Sachs which I added a keyed kill switch under the seat,

I guess I somehow turned it off one day and it turned off, I pedaled for 5 blocks before thinking to even check it, switched it and it started right up,

this was in the middle of Texas heat so it was super fun.

i ran outta gas on my urban express the other day - but no pedals so just a walk of shame.

Was that a Balboa? Step-thru? If it was a top tank you coulda done the `upset the bike' trick to get the fuel from the non-petcock side over to the petcock side. Maybe the Balboa would've also had a sip of gas on the one side?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account