Finished Another QT- 1982

If it wasn't yellow I would have just used it as a parts bike since it needed a lot of work. But since it is an uncommon color I went thru it quite thoroughly. 4 cables, tires, fuel petcock , cleaned the fuel system including removing seized choke plunger, replaced water damaged pulser coil, Electronic Spark Controller, voltage regulator, and several bulbs. Replaced burned magneto ground wire after doing pulser coil and checking other coils for shorts. No teeth left on speedo gear, probably from seized cable so the 980 miles it shows is not the actual mileage now that the defective parts have been replaced.. New seat cover with piping painted to match body color, trans oil change, replaced water damaged rear wheel bearings and pinion bearings, 3D printed harness frame hole grommets , custom frame lettering, prep and paint the badly stained fenders, and straighten and weld twisted/broken footrest. So it runs pretty good as a stock set-up, and since it has a stock air cleaner I'll be looking for some reasonably priced used yellow side covers. Anyway I probably missed listing something I fixed/replaced but you all get the idea.

DSCN0511.JPG
DSCN0512.JPG

Re: Finished Another QT- 1982

Nice job , Bob .

That yellow 'pops' .

Nice, black fenders and the yellow piping on the seat are nice touches!

Jack Rutherford /

Custom decal? Like that seat cover too

Bob Naske /

Jack Rutherford /

Yea I remember that now. What paint did you use on the fenders and how did you prep them? I’ve had problems with painting them before. Paint chips off easily.

Bob Naske /

Fender paint job: wet sand 320 then 600. Dry by letting it warm up in the sunshine. 3 coats krylon color master paint and primer gloss black. (Spray can) . Says it's for plastic. No added clear coat.

Jack Rutherford /

I’ll give it a try. Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account