Campus 50 Awakes from the Dead

Pushrod Fifty /
20200514_110150.jpg

I have been poking with the Campus little by little, Caswell lined tank, cleaned carb, bead blasted side covers, ignition sorted out with Xternal condenser. Changed the bars for a set of track racer bars on a vintage stem. Custom seat in the works. Motorwest cables, kicker spring and petcock just came in today. Bike hasnt run since the 70s. The engine was free and has great compression. Leak tests good. Plenty of work ahead of me but Im down for it.

1602271904632-953658379.jpg
16022719366761012456517.jpg

Re: Campus 50 Awakes from the Dead

Pushrod Fifty /

It has a sweet Lucas tailight. Made a seat pan out of Starboard to mount the base on. The upholstered base will bolt onto the pan from underneath into threaded inserts pressed in.

1602272099874154594222.jpg
1602272135584466534433.jpg
160227221136498036142.jpg

nice! to bad theyre motorcycles in my neck of the woods. ive passed on a half dozen because of that.

Well done, nice ride. Keep at it.

Probably Fred /

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> nice! to bad theyre motorcycles in my neck of the woods. ive passed on a

> half dozen because of that.

Not for the past few years, All you Gotta do is fill out that paper at dmv to get a plate, there’s no approved Moped list anymore you can plate a Yamaha RD350 as a moped

Looks great! Good job so far...

Nice work , but , for the back killer bar change .

Not sure I would have used Starboard as it's pretty expensive stuff to be just a seat base . It should easily out last the rest of the bike with something like a 17,000 year half life . ;)

Pushrod Fifty /

Im using stuff that I had lying around, the board, ply, foam, black marine vinyl, etc. The bar feels alright just sitting on the bike, I can flip it over if its too low, but I like the look.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Im using stuff that I had lying around, the board, ply, foam, black

> marine vinyl, etc. The bar feels alright just sitting on the bike, I can

> flip it over if its too low, but I like the look.

Good you're using what you have handy .

I rode low bar crotch rockets ( 500 Kaw , RD350 and later 900 Ninja ) for years .

Just remember that every thing has a price that will be paid . ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account