New 70cc Malossi

Hey guys, just finished putting my malossi 70cc kit. I have the original Garelli head, I’m waiting for the custom one from treats but I ran in to an issue with putting the carb back on. What adjustments or pieces can I buy to fix this. The intake manifold is to large for the carb and the bowl hits.

B3DFD92B-BF2A-48BD-A4BF-5F3C8BB5F528.jpeg
49629EFC-735E-4A72-92D3-CEDBA92217FD.jpeg

Re: New 70cc Malossi

Easiest way is just chop down the fins but you can also buy or make a spacer

Wait, do you have a Reed valve in there? Can't tell from the picture but I don't see one.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -----------------------------------------------------

> Wait, do you have a Reed valve in there? Can't tell from the picture but

> I don't see one.

Honestly I couldn’t figure out where the reed valve went.

> Tommy Buono Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Honestly I couldn’t figure out where the reed valve went.

Sandwiched inbetween the intake manifold and intake.

Okay thanks for that! I’ll need figure out my carb situation but I’ll put the reed valve on in the meantime.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah, lol.

You need the reed block in there and you'll probably have no issues. More worrying that you just left the reeds out.

Putting in the reed will probably fix your problem by raising it up.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> More worrying that you just left the reeds out.

Yeah that was my thought

Yeah be even then the carb still won’t go on because the manifold it too thick for the entrance of the carb.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Tommy Buono Wrote:

> Yeah be even then the carb still won’t go on because the manifold it too

> thick for the entrance of the carb.

Then you have the wrong thickness shim in your carb. IIRC, the Garelli's all came with the small OD, small ID shim. Bust out your measuring device of choice.

Where can I get a spacer to make the manifold longer. Once I put the reed in the top still catches on part of the bike frame.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Tommy Buono Wrote:

> Where can I get a spacer to make the manifold longer. Once I put the

> reed in the top still catches on part of the bike frame.

That doesn't really exist. You're probably looking to get a new intake, or making one.

As you may or may not know, the cylinder you're using isn't actually designed for the arelli NOI bikes, so there are going to be certain complications that you'll have to figure out. You can check out the Low Profile SHA thread where LGN Brendan is prototyping a carb top that may solve your issues with hitting the frame.

u can use the adapter from spigot to rubber mount, the attach anywhere with a molded piece of tube.

https://www.doscycles.com/products/dellorto-sha-spigot-adapter?_pos=1&_sid=d2874d176&_ss=r&variant=7322851770396

Dirty30 Dillon /

That's to mount a SHA to PHBG sized intake, so a straight piece of host won't really work well as there's a ~9mm difference between the existing intake and the adapter.

If you really put the reeds in there correctly and the bowl is still hitting the fins you should just trim down the fins a hair, you'll probably need a different carb top to clear the frame

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account