Re: Garelli head?

So i finally pulled the other garelli head from a minarelli v1 engine I got. Got the project bike that has been sitting for 5 or so years. I guess the bottom end was built by ed mopagen? Has never been run. Has polini 80 kit on it. Had this garelli head on it and was never realy into it. Not sure if it would work. Never tried to start it. Here is what I found when I pulled the head. Pretty cool huh. Got another head for sale if someone wants it. Looks like an attempt at making shit work. Smooshed up the ring haha. Bike was a super cool bike with a ton of money and fancy parts but just not put together very well. Super good idea and look but not safe to ride. Same head as the last one. Rough finish. Not smooth as I would think it should be as stated.

20210124_013217.jpg
16114707204065672582911120427595.jpg

I dont need another one, but maybe I do.... it just took a little time to polish and it rips way harder than the older 70cc head I had on my bike. I didnt change the dome profile at all and it is super nice.

Rich Thomson /

Do u still have that 2nd Garelli 226001 head? Is it the smooshed one or the good one in the last pics. If it's the damaged one, is it still a useable? Does this fit the Polini 70 cc team kit on Treats?

> Rich Thomson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Do u still have that 2nd Garelli 226001 head? Is it the smooshed one or

> the good one in the last pics. If it's the damaged one, is it still a

> useable? Does this fit the Polini 70 cc team kit on Treats?

The two pics were of the same head. The only damage was to the minarelli head has gasket. Thanks for the intrest but just sold it and shipping it out today

Rich Thomson /

Did Jay pic up the 2nd one?

No I did not grab the second one. Sorry.

Rich Thomson /

If you had I was going to ask you to share some moped love! I Just ordered that kit. You interested in selling the head you took off.

Yeah I can sell the old 70cc head. It has really small fins and not the best at cooling the cyl down. But I have been running it for like 10yrs so it does the job for sure.

PM me your number and let's make a deal.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account