Garelli head?

Got this garelli head with a bike I just got. The bike has a v1 with polini kit. It has the same head on it but from what i have found on treats they have a bunch of custom cut heads for different setups. This one has what looks like the factory finish. Never used. What does it fit? Would like to post it in the for sale forum but want to give the right description. What is a fair value also. Just want someone that can use it get a good deal. I see the ones on treats are like 80+. Dont want nearly that much, haha

Re: Garelli head?

Pics

20201006_182645.jpg
20201006_182659.jpg

Dirty30 Dillon /

Garelli TEAM head

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Garelli TEAM head

Yep!

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Garelli TEAM head

What does it fit?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Fits NOI/TEAM Garelli motors, and fairly certain it will bolt onto Minarelli V/C Stud patterns, although that head looks to have a stock profile, so I wouldn't run it on a kit without having it cut.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Fits NOI/TEAM Garelli motors, and fairly certain it will bolt onto

> Minarelli V/C Stud patterns, although that head looks to have a stock

> profile, so I wouldn't run it on a kit without having it cut.

This was an extra that came with a bike I got. The bike has the same head. It's a polini minarelli v1. I will have to pull the head and see if it's the same. Engine has never run.

Thanks Satan! It will be perfect for my polini team reed kit.

I have never seen a team 50cc kit, but maybe there is one. That looks like it is a 70cc to me.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The TEAM's came stock with 49cc topends, so that'd be what it is for

It's odd to me that they machined the stud holes and plug seat, but not the sealing surface on the combustion chamber side.

The head gasket seals these up, not the surface around the studs. That ring sits in grooves that contact eachother before the stud hole surfaces do.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> The head gasket seals these up, not the surface around the studs. That

> ring sits in grooves that contact eachother before the stud hole

> surfaces do.

I think he's talking about the head to cylinder mating surface not being shiny smooth and machine finished , instead of seemingly bead blasted .

And yes as I explained it is because that is not the actual mating/sealing surface on a garelli. The ring that fits into the grooves creates the seal not the head itself. You can not run a garelli head without a gasket ring.

> Jay Rivett Wrote:

> And yes as I explained it is because that is not the actual

> mating/sealing surface on a garelli. The ring that fits into the

> grooves creates the seal not the head itself. You can not run a garelli

> head without a gasket ring.

Learn something new , every day . ;)

Do you mean the foil washer?

I think that's the brn copy of that head although I can't be sure, the real garelli ones I've seen have an as-cast surface, the clones are bead blasted to cover up the fact the mold is wore out and sloppy.

Even with the foil washer, I've seen them leak, I always turn that sealing face when I re-cut them, then you don't need the gasket at all.

Also the chamber on them is super flat and shitty, as long as you have enough clearance it won't hurt too much to run them as-is.

Work a deal for the head and those Puch mags? Hoping to hear back, prince of darkness...

I will see how much work it needs. I'm going to make sure it seals up right and is all clear of the piston. I'm excited to mess with it.

I got one of the BRN heads on my piston port polini, and I like it alot. I have been wanting to her another one but Treats has been out. Im hoping this will be close to that one.

Finally got on that head. Thanks again!

20210121_111901.jpg

I got another one but haven't pulled it off the bike yet. Not sure if its cut for minarelli or not?

Man that head really woke the bike up. But then I fried the ignition doing a test run. Hey guys, bolt those flywheel covers back on.

Why doesnt the ignition wire unscrew from Garelli HT coils? That is the worst. Now i have to buy a new coil. Poop.

Which coil ? Post a pic .

These pieces of junk. Ha!

16112802651303952981902569528671.jpg

Looks like a regular ignition coil .

Anything special about it ?

Yeah it is just that. Too bad the wire is glued in and I can replace it. Hence the need for a new coil. Got one sourced already so I will have it going again soon.

if the wire is just too short, meaning it has continuity, then there is a special coupler that you can screw on and attach a any length wire u want. special coupler is its just a double ended screw covered in plastic.

> pat splat Wrote:

> if the wire is just too short, meaning it has continuity, then there is

> a special coupler that you can screw on and attach a any length wire u

> want. special coupler is its just a double ended screw covered in

> plastic.

I like the way you think. I may fuss around with it tomorrow. I have a Pietcard coil but it isn't giving me spark right now. I know it works with a cdi setup, but maybe the 6v points are too weak for it.

Really ? The HT wire is the only thing wrong with that coil ?

Just splice on a piece of solid core and run it . Insulate the connection well .

Or , dig out the original , too short wire , and install a new ...

There's always more than one way around a bush . ;)

I had considered trying to remove the short wire, but it is really in there good and no way to split the case on the coil. I was afraid that ripping it out would hurt the component that it is attached to on the inside.

But I like your ideas of splicing it with a solid piece of metal and sealing it up.

Would hot glue be the best route or some regular silicone? I have both on hand. This will be my project for the day.

I would solder the connection . Then silicone , with heat shrink slide over and shrunk for a nice tight cover .

Thanks P.D. I have all of that.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account