Just joined forum after scoring a urban Express tonight

New to th forum

Scored a Honda out of a barn tonight just like the one I had as a kid

Can't wait to clean her up and get her back on the road

Plan to 100% disassemble clay bar and polish paint crome ect plan to keep her original but look as close to it did when it came from the Honda factory

Was last registered in 1990

Only has 595 miles came with both original keys and title

20201003_185927.jpg

Re: Just joined forum after scoring a urban Express tonight

NICE!

I like the boat plate

That will be so much fun to clean up. A set of those little toothbrush size wire brushes - brass and steel - and some 0000 steel wool and polishing compound and that old chrome will be blinding - blinding I tell you. Polishing compound and good old fashioned rotator cuff killing Turtle Wax and the paint will be beeeeee-utiful. GREAT find !!! Great project. Another moped resurrected What a blast ........ditto on the Boat plate. That's a keeper.

I always found 0000 steel wool cleans up the chrome greatly but leaves micro scratches that are hard to polish back to that mirror shine . My trick is aluminum foil and coca cola but only after heavy detergent cleaning and clay bar then chrome polish and microfiber wipe

The initial cleaning process when bringing back old chrome is the most important as you dont want to rub grit into it ,

Well bought it in the dark last night

Got a pic in the daytime lol

Definitely really really dirty

But for $200 I'm not complaining

20201004_121456.jpg

sweet! there's some folks that do some rides around new England too, once people start doing that sorta thing again.

The best part about being Kenny powers... is being Kenny powers

the best scooter / moped hybrid out there.

Captain Janeway /

Stock urban's are bulletproof. Cleaning the carb will make you a little nuts to start but they're worth it. Here's your new best friend

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NCi-CZJVKqSBnJRYUIWmoF3SdKZ1h9dN/view?usp=drivesdk

They will take a licking and keeps on ticking, clean it up and you can ride it for years.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

^ God, forgot about that one.... :)

Terbo Speghetti /

Your frame will twist/bend in the middle if you ride this as a grown man.

The monoshock is cool too look at, but a bad design choice on a stamped steel frame.

I don't mean to dissuade you, but I hate to see someone spend all the time you're talking about with a clay bar just to watch the paint crack off after a dozen rides (edited)

thats weird, man

i saw a white pickup down near Stoneham MA day b4 yesterday with an Urban JUST like that one in the back

no plate tho (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account