Fa-50

So I have three of these, one is all stock and runs perfect. The other two kinda have the same problem. Used factory oil injection and both smoke a lot. Took one of them and just ran a good premix and skipped the oil injection. Still smokes like crazy so then I noticed oil spraying from the exhaust. I’m assuming it’s coming from the crankcase oil? So what are my problems. They both start and the one starts on first kick every time so I’m pretty sure the compression is good. Thanks.

Re: Fa-50

How long have you run the two smokers ?

Have you cleaned the exhausts ? Fill them oven cleaner , let it work and rinse with the garden hose .

It's a two stroke. It doesn't have crankcase oil.

You have a dirty exhaust. That's it. unburnt oil is collecting in the exhaust. Which is normal.

If it bothers you takem off n clean em. Or ride them more and it'll burn off.

Thanks I will try that but I did take the exhaust off completely before and tipped it to see if there was any oil that would come out and there wasn’t and it was dry on the exhaust port side. I ran and rode it for awhile with no help on the smoke. Then sat it in the grass and reving it out several times and oil was just spraying out and puddling under the tip. And I meant gear case oil.

What does the spark plug look like after running and all the spitting ?

Very dark

It’s not just a two stroke smoke. It leaves a pretty good trail when wot. Idle is fine.

Jack Rutherford /

Your left crank seal may be bad.

> Jack Rutherford Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Your left crank seal may be bad.

Unless you're running a rich main jet , that^ may be the cause .

You might check to see if there's any sign of the main jet being drilled or just replace with new . Maybe compare the good runner main to the 'rich' runner main for hole size , if you don't have another better means of measuring .

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> It's a two stroke. It doesn't have crankcase oil.

Most likely he is taking about the clutch side oil for the transmission.

The scooter was setting for awhile before I bought it. I didn’t know the condition of the carb so I took it off and cleaned it before I tried starting and everything about it looked and felt factory. Maybe either that a seal from the gear case oil is bad, which I’ve heard/about that before or there is still left over oil in the system from the oil injection? So now Im running premix and the left over oil together? The oil line is off so it would just be whatever is inside there... if that’s a thing. I’ve rode it around the block a couple times and revels it out several times but still same amount of smoke. Some also say stuck reed?

Did you plug the oil injection holes in the intake?

What mix ratio are you running ?

No just drained out the oil from the tank and disconnected the hose. I will take the intake hose off to see if there’s any left in there.

50:1 full synthetic low smoke oil.

So I took it off the intake and still rollin smoke no oil was coming out of that line.

Clean the exhaust .

If no joy , replace seal(s) .

Will do. Anything besides oven cleaner to clean?

> Ben Brig Wrote:

> Will do. Anything besides oven cleaner to clean?

I just get a can from the dollar store and get as much inside as I can . Let it work while I have a cup of coffee or whatever and rinse it out a bit later with the garden hose . I might do that a couple times , just be be sure .

I've read that drain cleaner works , but , have never tried it .

Seems to me oven cleaner will eat carbon build up , just like in a well used ( read over used ) oven . And , so far , I've had excellent results .

You can also run a stiff wire , like a coat hanger , in the exhaust tail piece all the way to the front of the muffler . I use a 1/4" rod . (edited)

Will do thanks

So I think I narrowed it down since I am running premix, took off exhaust cleaned it washed it and while running/reving it still spits oil/leaks out the exhaust. The gear oil must be leaking in. Anyone have a how to video or steps to do the job? And all the parts I’ll need besides a new seal ofcourse.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account