Can't seem to ID or find this bearing!!!

Park Johnston /

Hey, I'm new here. I've been trying to rebuild a '00 Hero Majestic motor, and in the process of splitting it I broke a bearing.

I can't seem to find anyone who knows what it is or what it's called, so I though I would try you legends.

It came off of the clutch side of the engine, and I'll include a picture of what is left of it.

Any advice on what to do/what it is/where to find a replacement would be GREATLY appreciated, as I can't rebuild it without this bearing.

Thanks!

16015161111392895338006070310059.jpg

Re: Can't seem to ID or find this bearing!!!

needle bearing, just measure the shaft and the opening.

Park Johnston /
park OP

That makes sense, is it supposed to have a housing or something around it? Again, I apologise, I'm very very new to this.

Do you have a recommendation on where to look?

No housing. It has a bunch of thin rollers in each of those little cut outs. The bearings are thin and long like needles, which is why they are called needle bearings.

Unfortunately internet is not great with these kinds of things. You can check the usual moped parts sites, but a majestic is not the most common bike. I would see if there is a local bearing shop that you can take it to and have them source it. My local shop has some crazy stuff.

Try McMaster - Carr.com

Measure the shaft the bearing rides on for the ID, measure the part the bearing goes inside for the OD and measure the width of the bearing cage for the Length. The bearing numbers are IDxODxW. For example, here are two bearings that should be similar in size, but I can't say if they are right.

K14X18X39ZW

K15X19X24ZW

And make sure you get all the little loose needle bearings out of your cases before you reassemble it.

Lookhere.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account