avanti break in period almost up

got a ton of riding done on my new avanti, now has 260.5KM (161.8mi) on it, only 239.5km(138.2mi) to go! im so excited, ill finally be able to open this thing up.

yesterday i was riding down my street and my throttle cable decided to stick and jam open, i nearly messed myself, that avanti took off like a crotch rocket! ive never gone 0-35 so fast in my life! a lil wd-40 took care of the sticking tho, some idiot at the factory didnt grease the cable at all on assembly, i eventually will. also, today i had to pass a lil US mail truck so i floored it for just a second, and the thing has serious balls! pickup stinks, but thats because of the 4% oil mix i need to run for break in, it fouls the plug a lot, gotta clean it every morning, but its what the manufacturer reccomends so im not goin against it.

the break in for these avanti's is 20mph for 300miles(500km) its absolute torture, but its worth it, i can feel my bike wanting to take off, keeping it at 20 is hard. i guess none of the avanti owners here broke their bikes in properly, because this thing rides like a 90-100cc bike!!

-Garret

Re: avanti break in period almost up

good deal

sweet! yopu just make me want to beg my parents to let me buy it now and pay them later. no worries, I'll be getting mine arounf mid to late august or maybe september. I really want a top tank and this looks like the perfect oppertunity for me cause that price is kickin' well anyways enjoy your new ride and tell us if anything goes wrong.

also do they make preformace parts for thos if so what?

they sure do, Polini makes a 65cc big bore kit and muffler to match. and malossi has a bigger carb for them, ive heard that kit can generate SO much power that it can actually crack parts of the transmission, id reccomend staying stock, mine seems to have adequate balls already! i really love mine, treat yours right and it will reward you for your time. im gonna see if i can finish up the needed mileage 2morrow, riding ALL day, like i did today, cant wait to open that thing up!

-Garret

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account