Just a brief update. After much work I’ve finally been able to get back in touch with MotorWest. They’re sending me about $700 in parts to complete this project.
Once I get everything in I’ll be starting the engine rebuild, partially to ensure everything I ordered is correct. I’m hoping to get it finished and installed over the fall/winter and have the motorcycle ready for next season.
While I did order a ton of new brightwork for the bike (basically every bit of chrome that was pitted/rusty), I plan to just store it until a time where I can do a full restoration of the motorcycle back to showroom condition.
For now, crusty but functional is the theme, especially since this is my first motorcycle and I hope to learn how to ride on it(assuming that isn’t a horrible idea but it is fairly lightweight and low in power).