Re: Sears SR125 Restoration

Aaron Goldman /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Just a brief update. After much work I’ve finally been able to get back in touch with MotorWest. They’re sending me about $700 in parts to complete this project.

Once I get everything in I’ll be starting the engine rebuild, partially to ensure everything I ordered is correct. I’m hoping to get it finished and installed over the fall/winter and have the motorcycle ready for next season.

While I did order a ton of new brightwork for the bike (basically every bit of chrome that was pitted/rusty), I plan to just store it until a time where I can do a full restoration of the motorcycle back to showroom condition.

For now, crusty but functional is the theme, especially since this is my first motorcycle and I hope to learn how to ride on it(assuming that isn’t a horrible idea but it is fairly lightweight and low in power).

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account