10/18: "The King of Brap'n Island" Moped ride, Staten Island NY

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

Last year I attended an amazing ride in Staten Island, and I wanted to relive it so I decided to just make a date and host one! Awesome flyer gif designed by Chris Cicoria.

xZByUUd9MLflVJgV33.gif

Join me in a moped cruise around the beautiful roads of Staten Island on Sunday October 18th! Ride leaves 12:30pm and goes until whenever we reach the end.

The ride will start at Haven Esplanade, and continue west along Forest Hill Road, Richmond Hill Road, and Arthur Kill Road. Then east down Hylan Blvd, stopping at Wolf's Pond Park and other impromptu spots for food/gas. We'll cruise through Great Kills Park, then northeast up Todt Hill Rd, doubling back through Blood Root Valley, and finally a meandering route back to the start.

This is a crude route i drew up on Google maps. Its hard to get it to do what you want as its designed to optimize your route for time, not cruising, so its not 100% accurate.

statenislandride.jpg

In the interest of making this ride as enjoyable as possible for everyone I've put together a ride etiquette.

The ride has to start on schedule so that we have enough time to enjoy the scenic stops and take breaks without a rush, so make sure you leave home with enough time to get there!

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any methods of entering Staten Island on a moped, so you will need to transport your ped by car to the ride site. You will most likely need to park your car on a street nearby and ride your moped to the start point, because i don't know of any parking lots near the start point we can use freely.

All 2 wheeled vehicles are welcome(or 3 if you're rocking a Gyro or trike), but this is a moped themed ride, so an actual pedal moped or moped-like thing is highly encouraged(Shifty 50's, older 2t/4t scooters)

This is a long 25+ mile route with hills, lots of long straights and lots of curvy roads, so a dead reliable and strong running moped thats capable of sustaining at least 35mph for long periods is a must.

You/your bike must have:

-Mirrors

-working headlight/tail light (not everyone has brake lights, but they're strongly recommended)

-functioning baffle/muffler (no empty baffles or straight piped motos)

-DOT helmet

-eye protection (if your helmet doesn't have)

Bringing a registered and plated bike is highly recommended. You can bring a bike that isn't registered/plated, but you are responsible for yourself and anything that happens as a result.

These requirements and recommendations are to help avoid giving police any reason to stop the ride, and to keep things safe for everyone.

There will be plenty of low/medium speed cruising, and also plenty of opportunities to blast and do shenanigans. Follow the pace of the ride. Please don't do anything reckless like ride into oncoming lanes to go around slower riders, or split between others at high speed, dont want anyone getting hurt.

Its a good idea to bring 2t oil, a few tools, and maybe a spare tube or throttle cable or brake cable! Just in case

If you think I'm being a nanny with all these rules, go clean your room

Hope to see you there!

(A rain date for the ride will be determined once a forecast is available for the ride date.) (edited)

Re: "The King of Brap'n Island" Moped ride, Staten Island NY Sept.

Dirty30 Dillon /

What a great flyer, I'll see you there Brandonowitz

Damn I wish it fell on a Thursday or Friday, would like to attend but I work on weekends (rip)

Update: the ride is postponed, the new ride date is Sunday October 18th. New ride meet spot is Willowbrook Park (1 Eton place, staten island ny), ride leaves same time at 12:30.

Re: 10/18: "The King of Brap'n Island" Moped ride, Staten Island NY

FYI: I have updated this thread with new date information at the request of the OP.

> Simon King Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> FYI: I have updated this thread with new date information at the request

> of the OP.

Thanks Simon!

I thought I missed the event at first. My only good running moped has a gas leak at the tank and carburetor, so currently it wouldn't be safe.

I used to drive part of the route and I used to hate it because it's like a 10mile drive thru side streets to get back on the highway. I gotta see if anything of mine is running by october.

Bump! Ride is this Sunday, leaves from Willowbrook park at 12:30!

Halloween costumes allowed?

> Nile Muti Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Halloween costumes allowed?

Not only are they allowed, but they're encouraged

If I didn't have to work on Sunday! I miss NYC (even the lost borough of Staten Island)

Excited for this!

So how did it go?

It was fun, although some of the people who were supposed to come unfortunately had to cancel, and some just didn't show. We started with 7, and as the ride went on people had to peel off as they couldn't stay for the whole thing, and we ended with just 3. Had to cut it short too. I was a bit bummed as a lot of planning went into this, but the people that came definitely made it a fun! And life is pretty crazy right now so I can't be upset at anybody haha. The next one in the spring will hopefully have a big turnout!

I have some clips I took with my gopro that ill upload later, but here's a sick picture my friend Laura took

IMG874940086078663513.jpg

We had my Variant, a tomos, a magnum, a maxi, an electric scooter that looked like a bigger and fancier Revel, a Grom type GY6 powered thing, and my pal Lucian on his Ninja 500. (edited)

Sounds fun!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account