Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20

Nicholas Scholten /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> damn you make that thing look tiny haha. it's funny rarely do you get

> many pics of people actually really on their bikes - easy to forget how

> doofy these things are

>

> That foot-out approach makes me nervous as hell, watching kids tryn

> actually use their foot as some kida support and like just flapping

> their ankles around, yikes. But with good boots an stuff maybe it's

> useful? I don't know shit really about riding properly or going fast but

> it seems like it'd be a crutch trying to keep yourself so upright and

> using your foot as support

Yeah, it really isn't a big moped at all. Basically BMX-sized.

The guy in the white and grey leathers is one fast dude, but he's also like 6'2. Lately he's been getting back into flat track so that's where the foot-out riding style comes from. You do end up using your foot like a crutch/outrigger to stabilize the bike on the dirt track.

To do it right you're supposed to have a metal 'shoe' that goes over your riding boot that slides along the ground and doesn't catch the dirt or asphalt like rubber does. You can actually really screw up your knee and/or ankle if your boot catches and it levers you up quickly and/or pulls your leg back (something MX guys have to be careful of)

I think for him it was just a more comfortable, workable option to do that then try to cram his leg up on top of the upward facing pedal, being so tall. I'm only 5'11 so it worked for me just to keep my foot planted on the pedal.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Topic by: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 03:07AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 03:09AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 03:11AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 03:34AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Jay Rivett Jay Rivett 09/02/20 08:26AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 12:27PM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: T y l e r T y l e r 09/02/20 10:45AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 12:32PM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: baird co baird co 09/02/20 11:02AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 09/02/20 12:44PM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Nicholas Scholten Nicholas Scholten 09/02/20 02:12PM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Daniel '' Daniel '' 09/03/20 05:40AM
  Re: Cookie Monster at MAC Track in McMinville, Oregon 8/30/20Re: Jay Rivett Jay Rivett 09/03/20 01:33PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account