Can I use a front tire (NR77U) in the rear on qt50?

I ordered the party pack from treat land for my qt50 , but came with two front tires (NR77U) the tire says to only use on the front on the tire. Can I use it in the rear? Did they make a mistake or is this normal?

Re: Can I use a front tire (NR77U) in the rear on qt50?

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's says "front" in an arrow for direction. Not that it's a front tire.

Both tires had these front stickers as well

B2C7E7EE-29D5-4555-8C15-88CFE986D3DD.jpeg

Jack Rutherford /

The rear version of that tire is too wide for the Qt50 so that’s your only option. You can use it on the rear no problem. I don’t see any difference in the tread between front and rear and on a stock qt you will going less than 1/3 of that tire’s speed rating. (edited)

Thank you Jack, that makes a lot of sense

Jack Rutherford /

That tire is A huge improvement over 30+ year old stock tires. You’ll need to adjust your front fender stays.

Motorcycle tires are indeed manufactured for front and rear fitment - it says front for a reason, the arrow is for direction obviously.

On the QT you’ll like never notice any change. Tire manufacturers develop the front tread to create a wake for the rear wheel when in loose terrain or in the wet. In the dry they are round rubber and you’ll not exceed weight/speed rating on a QT

Some tires like Avon roadriders come in a F/R design so it can be used on either, but it’s a fact most motorcycle tires are labeled front/rear for a very good reason

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account