Help a brother out ! Suzuki FR80 I think or Fr50

I just bought this clean 1 owner fr50/80 I say that cause the information I could find said the birdies are fr50 but the motor and trans case has a stamp of fr80 then a vin. I don't know the year but it has the older speedo with just the N no fuel light on this one . I don't think the vins match from the frame neck .. or if they are supposed to. Also upon further inspection the stator wires were cut from the harness and tucked up in the frame to look like it's connected :/ Also the spark plugs threads were stripped too :(....

My question are dose any one have a wire diagram? or know where to get one or even a manual for this odd ball in the states... The information is far and few on this honda Cub knock off. I have the wire diagram from the fA50 that I also have and love and it's similar but not the exact same . Also where is the CDI located on this bike . I assume the blue wire leads to it but I can't find a small box anywhere.

I included a picture of the wires that are snipped

I can re attach the stator yellow blue black and green that seems easy enough. But I have no clue as to what wires are for the batt. I see a black with an fitting similar to my negative on my fA50 batt. Harness. Dose the red batt wire connect to that Double connection also any one have a clue as to what the other wire may go to ?

Thanks for any help also lesson learned .. dont buy something that will end up costing u more in the long run.. lol.. j/k I enjoy working on them just prefer to know the issues ahead of time

Thanks for any input guys (edited)

IMG_20200822_133557.jpg
IMG_20200819_103917.jpg

Re: Help a brother out ! Suzuki FR80 I think or Fr50

https://www.cmsnl.com/suzuki-fr80-1983-d-united-kingdom-e02_model13322/partslist/#.X0GNN3lOkwD

Posting for any one who needs it this has a decent exploded view of the bike but dose not have the wire diagram the other links required a subscription will have to see what one I can open for free and then cancel later will post link or photos when I find something ..

Thanks for the links I did google a bit before I posted but thought maybe some one in here had suzuki information.. the FZ50 info is plentiful but this bike seams like it's in only malaysia !?

Suzuki FR50, 70 & 80 (Motorcycle Manuals)

Rogers, Chris

Published by Haynes Publishing, 1988

ISBN 10: 1850105227 / ISBN 13: 9781850105220

Ordered this books from. The uk just posting this so if any one needs to look up a shop book to order this is the ISBN number

Good luck

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account