Av10 on V40 frame

Jonathan Gibson /

I'm trying to build a av10 engine to go onto a V40 which had the av7 engine on it. Was going to keep the av7 for my sp93 as a spare.

Can anybody tell me what parts I need for the conversion? I already have the av10 cases but nothing else. Was going to go with the 70cc kit.

Also can someone explain how the no clutch works on the av10 in nice basic terms?

I am new to motobecane builds, just finished 2 Puch, an e50 and za50 and have a few more projects to get through.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Re: Av10 on V40 frame

First off you have a 40T frame I think. The av10 will bolt right up pretty much. The dimoby clutch is the single speed non variated clutch for the Motobecane. I've done 38mph on a mild setup av10 with that clutch on it. If you decide to variate it you'll need to change the rear sprocket, change or slot the J hook and the belt.

Jonathan Gibson /

Thanks for the help!

What is the j hook? And what belt would I need? I think I would go variated. Thanks.

> Jonathan Gibson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for the help!

>

> What is the j hook? And what belt would I need? I think I would go

> variated. Thanks.

This link will help you understand the J hook.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,3244827

You'll need a AX30 belt, a 54-56 rear sprocket and a longer chain of course.

What av10 setup you have and your goals for the bike? (edited)

Keep in mind that the SP93 is a counter rotation motor, so the variator is different as well as the ignition cam and points.

For the J hook on the dimoby v the variator you just need to do some cutting...

JhookDifference.JPG
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account