Another problem with my Sachs... Shocker

Alright so I have another problem with me trashy Westlake. I have the aftermarket airsal 70cc kit. And got the mikuni carb and the bigger intake pipe. The moped worked before but I now face a new problem. I thought it was ignition timing. But it seems to be something else. The carb has turned into an intake but also and exhaust. But the exhaust also comes out the regular pipe. This really messed with the ignition obviously and it won't start. The section of the intake pipe that connects to the head is slightly loose. Could that be causing the air/ fuel to be sent back out of the carb? Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Re: Another problem with my Sachs... Shocker

Overpriced Parts /

Timing can cause it

If too retarded it can run backwards but seems like it’s super advanced, sparking way before tdc but you could have broken piston skirt, piston upside down

Say more what you did :

Did you find top dead center, make marks 14-19° before top dead center and time With a light?

With this problem before you put the kit on or after you put the kit on?

Tri-ped Dave O.D.B. /

Did you say the intake is loose? Of course that is a serious issue causing a possibly life ending lean condition

likeliest is your timing is so far way off that it's firing at bottom, or maybe the rings are wrecked, also fix your intake. but I think your timing problem's much worse than imagined

The moped isn't actually running. So it's just barely igniting the gas. So at the moment it's rich just because it isn't sparking on time

I have compression. So I believe my rings are good to go. (edited)

There isn't too much wiggle room for the timing. The stator can only be adjusted by a few degrees. And I already checked my points. Even if the timing is off there is no way it could be this messed up. The flywheel is on correctly as well.

ignoring the stator, do the points open just BEFORE actual top dead center (verified with something like a driver or whatever in the plug hole to identify exactly top dead center)?

Yes. I took the plug out and verified the points multiple times.

Overpriced Parts /

Stator can move way more than a few degrees it’s more like 15° When transferred to the flywheel because degrees on the flywheel not on Stator

You could set timing with the point gap too so timing could be way advanced if the Point gap is big and full advanced Stator timing can be 35-40° or more before top dead center,

You got to get the gap down to 16 or 17 thou of a inch @ full open points, that’s with the flywheel top dead center or a bit past top dead center sometimes then set timing, since the bikes not running you’re gonna have to set it statically look up how to do that on wiki

Every Sachs I worked on was timed too high to begin with that was pretty much with a normal point gap

You also could have the flywheel on wrong or the wrong flywheel too Making the timing 100° or more off But you got to find top dead center and figure out what the timing is

This will show you how to find top dead center on bosch ignition

https://mopedarmy.com/wiki/Puch_timing

its called low compression

Piston is torched?

if you're dead sure your timing is OK and in the right direction etc, then you broke the rings or something. i'd be pretty sure my timing was OK and that I was checking it right before taking it all apart again, but it's a super easy task to pull the jug and see what's broken

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account